Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Looks like Friday will be what I call a "double witching" day of fishing. They have been a challenge for me in the past, but let's hope Friday bucks the trend.
What the heck do I mean by double witching? It's a term that I learned in the investment business, when two negative factors exist at the same time/day that can promote a less than favorable outcome. This Friday is one of those days: Major cold front blowing in and a wind out of the east.
So guys, it's up to us to put this superstition to rest! See you all soon!

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,627 Posts
Looks like Friday will be what I call a "double witching" day of fishing. They have been a challenge for me in the past, but let's hope Friday bucks the trend.
What the heck do I mean by double witching? It's a term that I learned in the investment business, when two negative factors exist at the same time/day that can promote a less than favorable outcome. This Friday is one of those days: Major cold front blowing in and a wind out of the east.
So guys, it's up to us to put this superstition to rest! See you all soon!
Ahhh........ double witching - shmouble shmitching:ROFLMAO:;)
I'm sure I have told some of you about when, many, many years ago I received a call from a Santee Cooper guide a few days before our trip to say that I should reschedule because it was going to coincide with a full moon and some inbound, high pressure - bluebird skies weather.
He told me it would be a complete waste of time and money to come down.
I told him that I could not reschedule my vacation and so we were going fishing and I understood that fishing holds no guarantee of success.
We went, we caught, we caught a lot and they were big!!

Some of you may remember Eric Simcox (deerhunter01) on here.
Years ago, against all conventional wisdom he fished a rapidly falling Ohio River in a howling east wind. Result: a huge Blue, 75lbs if I recall correctly.

Y'all go and catch some bigguns!!

...W

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Being that our group is so small this year, are you guys okay with not doing the playing card verification for our big fish pot?

Since it's only $5 per person, and none of us are dishonest, it would make it easier IMO. Especially if any of you get on the water before I get down there on Friday afternoon and catch a nice fish before you have the card in hand.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Let’s see take Friday off work and go fishing on a potentially poor day or go to work - hmmm let me think about that for about a nano second… haha

yep Eric I’m good with a simple honor system. It’s kind of embarrassing when the number on the playing card is higher than what the scale is reading anyways 🤣

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I'm glad the wind is going to calm down tomorrow. I just took my little boat out on Eagle creek to catch shad for the gathering and got pounded by waves, and soaked! Good news is that I caught 30 or 40 decent shad which are now in zip locks on ice.

Just to clarifying the big fish pot rules. You must get a clear pic of the scale showing the weight. Since some of you may be on the water by noon, we will start the timer at noon tomorrow. For the sake of getting out of camp at a reasonable time on Sunday, the timer will end at 10:30am on Sunday. $5 is the cost, all proceeds go to the person who catches the biggun.

Any questions about this weekend??

81 - 100 of 118 Posts