Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Great to hear you'll be joining us Matt! Reese's boat struggles a bit with 3 in it, being that it has a 40hp motor on it. Hopefully someone will have a spot for you.
Still need to organize our Saturday afternoon cookout so stay tuned. We usually eat at the shelter house by the river around 4.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
To be honest, I haven’t even gone fishing for cats in a few seasons. I’ll probably be selling my boat for something else, like what Tom has.

I’ll be ready for bank/boat fishing and will have $$ for gas and bait. Or we could try to land a few Asian carp and we will have plenty of cutbait.

Matt

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Last time I was down there, a couple of weeks ago, there were a bunch of carp trolling the surface late in the afternoon. They were literally sticking the tops of their heads out of the water. Wouldn't be hard to hook one of them, just be ready for a fight.

Sounds like we are going to have a smaller group this year. Let's plan on having our Saturday afternoon cookout at 4pm at the camp shelter house. I'll bring burgers and fixins. Reese wants to find some sweet corn to grill. If someone could bring chips that would be great.

We will arrive at camp around 3pm on Friday. Anyone interested in a big fish pot?

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks guys, I still have 10 or so big skips. I plan on also catching a mess of fresh shad the day before the gathering starts. So Reese and I should be okay on bait. Be glad to share shad, I always bring too many lol!
When is everyone planning on arriving at camp?

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
As of now the weather forecast for the gathering weekend looks perfect. If you're considering joining us, hopefully some nice weather helps your decision.

Looks like the river is going to be at a steady level, making the boat launch easy to use (It's literally the bank of the Ohio). There will be current but nothing too fast. Under these conditions, many boats would be able to safely fish the big river.

Come join us next weekend if you can!

·
Registered
698 Posts
As of now the weather forecast for the gathering weekend looks perfect. If you're considering joining us, hopefully some nice weather helps your decision.
I hate to miss it, but I hope you guys have a great weekend & catch some big ones! I’ll be wading a creek with a bunch of my students & some other volunteers doing a stream clean-up.

I had the date in my calendar since the first time you announced it & fought putting the clean-up on the same weekend, but it was out of my hands.

Maybe next year!

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
The current list of attendees:

1. Me
2. Reese
3. Dan
4. Dannie
5. Matt
6. Aaron
7. Tom
8. rkeithm from Texas
9. Kelly
10. Terry
11. Chris

Matt, it looks like 11. If you can join us, or are on this list and can't make it, please post as I will need to know how much hamburger to buy. Thanks!

61 - 80 of 118 Posts