Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings Members of Catfish1!

The 2022 Indiana Gathering will take place on September 23rd thru 25th, 2022 at They're Bitin' Campground in New Amsterdam, IN. The address is 7623 Middle Street, Central, IN 47110.

To reserve your campsite please contact the owner, Kathy, at 812-732-4935. She is a busy woman, so if you don't reach her please leave a voice mail and she will return your call.

Tent Campsites are $15 per night with electrical connections. RV slots are $25 per night.

A few items of note:
  • We operate a big fish contest, details will be disclosed at a later time
  • We rent a porta-potty for the camp, as the existing outhouse can be a challenge. Details on the chip in for the rental will be disclosed at a later time. The total cost has been around $130 for the weekend.
  • For the past few years we have done a group cookout on Saturday afternoon around 4pm. Nothing fancy except for the fish stories. Kelly told a really good story last year! LOL!
  • This gathering is for anyone who wants to join us, please bring your friends and family!
  • New Amsterdam is literally the end of the road before you drive into the Ohio River. It is a beautiful little town that the world has forgot, a perfect place for some likeminded folks to gather and share a weekend together on what I think is one of the best stretches of the Ohio River.
If you can join us please make a post on this thread and I will compile a list as the event draws near. Hope to see you in September!

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great guys, sounds like the makings of a good time already! I'll contact Kathy and confirm the space is available, keep you all posted.

Neill it would be fantastic to see you and the Mrs. again this year!

Make sure to post here if you can join us. Once the details are finalized I'll put all the pertinent info in this thread.

·
Registered
Aaron from Indiana
323 Posts
  • New Amsterdam is literally the end of the road before you drive into the Ohio River. It is a beautiful little town that the world has forgot, a perfect place for some likeminded folks to gather and share a weekend together on what I think is one of the best stretches of the Ohio River.
A little side-note on New Am. The sign on the way into town shows that it was established in 1815. For reference, Indiana didn't gain statehood until the following year. It's been around awhile.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it’s probably all the chemicals in the food anymore it’s terrible! Haha
In all seriousness though I do have some TLC yard work to do this summer my wife and I bought a house and there’s stumps to grind tree work cables/chains to get out of the yard and the grass is in sorry shape probably gonna cut out more of my fun time but at least the kids have a yard to play in!

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I think it’s probably all the chemicals in the food anymore it’s terrible! Haha
In all seriousness though I do have some TLC yard work to do this summer my wife and I bought a house and there’s stumps to grind tree work cables/chains to get out of the yard and the grass is in sorry shape probably gonna cut out more of my fun time but at least the kids have a yard to play in!
I'm in the same boat. I have a fence to remove, trees to trim, and little ones running around, plus work. When I go fishing it's nice because no one needs me. Except the fish. Actually, the fish don't need me either! I'm just trying to trick them.

Matt

1 - 20 of 49 Posts