Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,466 Posts
If ever there was a sure sign of what you're in for when you enter this world- they hang you upside down and smack you on the bottom! Welcome to a world of hurt kid! :LOL:

·
Registered
Ever changing at the moment! I’m quickly becoming a TWC and whisker seeker fan though.
23 Posts
Ain’t that the truth Neill! Haha but he’s healthy and moma made a quick recovery I can’t ask for much more than that I’m very blessed! Hopefully/surely I can make it next year!

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,466 Posts
GL...Sweet wife says you must post of pic of the little fellow.
Tom, She says you have no idea how many sinkers I can go through. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
If we don't get some decent rain between now and the gathering, the river won't have much current. It pretty much is like a big long lake when it gets to this low level. C'mon and rain!! But with that said, PLEASE don't rain on us that weekend! 🙏

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
You always have to be careful what you ask for,,,,,,,,but yes some rain to bring the water up and add current would be nice. Maybe some rain coming on Wednesday but that might be too far out and not enough.

If you haven't checked those trailer bearing out since Wagon Train was the top tv show, you might want to do it soon.

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
Great reminder about the bearings, Tom!

Let's plan on having our Meet and Eat at 4pm on Saturday at the covered shelter overlooking the river. I'll bring burgers, buns, fixins', plates and napkins. Dan has offered to bring chips. To me, that's a fine meal right there but if any of you want to bring any other sides you are more than welcome.

We will also be doing our annual giveaway at the conclusion of our meal. A BIG THANKS to everyone who has offered donations!!

Chris (Cadyman) - Rippin Lips Fishing Rod
Dan - Demon Dragons, Leader Line
Tom - 3 lots of 10, 8oz No Roll Sinkers
Aaron (DerbyCat)- 3 Way Swivels

Kelly has offered to donate a custom rod he had made, and requested that it be added as a prize to whoever wins the big fish pot. Entry to the Big Fish Pot will be $10. The Big Fish contest will work as before. It will begin at noon on Friday and conclude at noon on Sunday. To enter, please see me at the campground or on the water. I will give you a half of a playing card that must be in the picture taken with your catch, along with a good pic of the scale with the weight displayed.

If I've missed some details please let me know!

Looking very forward to a weekend on the Big O with a bunch of friends!!!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Can’t find it in the thread at the moment but someone mentioned a tent on an rv site... I just spoke with Cathy to reserve our spot and she said no problem with a tent on rv sites. Of course it’s not like we spend much time sleeping down there anyways...
I reserved a rv site this year it’s closer to the water spigot for coffee! haha

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Cathy is always so nice an accommodating. The campground and property has been in her family for a century or more. Sure makes it comfortable knowing we are with such good company down there. For any of you that haven't been to New Amsterdam, it is literally at the end of the road. Any further and you're in the Ohio. It's a great place!
Glad you got a rv spot Dan, definitely closer to the running water.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I would love to come but unfortunately I won’t be able to. I just had a son and he’s not been the happiest at night I’m doubting the wife would have me back if I left for a weekend of cat fishing at the moment! Haha wish everyone the best of luck catch some monsters!
Don’t feel too bad for him. I seem to remember his wedding caused me to miss the gathering a couple years ago...
Course I reckon that wedding did give me that new grandson in the pic so I’ll forgive him and let him back in the will now. Haha

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Thanks Aaron!
I was looking at the gauge today. I guess the benefit if it stays there would be we may be able to launch at the campground ramp. Does anyone recall what the level was last year when we were able to use it?
Rectangle Azure Slope Font Plot

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Thanks Aaron!
I was looking at the gauge today. I guess the benefit if it stays there would be we may be able to launch at the campground ramp. Does anyone recall what the level was last year when we were able to use it?
View attachment 326230
Dan, this was what it looked like in 2019. I don't remember what the gauge said but it was low and we launched with no issues. If for some reason we can't launch there, the Brandenburg ramps are the next best location. The new ramp on the Indiana side are probably the best but it is closed at night. The Ky side is a decent ramp (long, single lane and steep) but works fine. Has a good floating dock and good parking where the City Police patrol.

Water Cloud Sky Boat Watercraft

The gravel ramp is behind me and at the right edge of the picture is where the road goes up the somewhat steep bank. That is Eric paying me for that fine fishing lesson I provided. 38 pound 9 ounces. lol

Water Cloud Sky Shorts Water resources

And then this is Jon's ride. How did that get there. haha
Pikeintheboat threw him a line before the tide came in. haha

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Water

But I would think launching would be ok.

PS: no guarantees. I haven't been there in Two years.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Looked about the same last year except Eric provided the fishing lesson and of course Jon... not sure your ever gonna live that down buddy! I guess one of us (probably me) will do something dumb and take your place eventually...

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Haha, from what I heard, there wasn't a BIG fish caught last year. But that's all in the eyes of the beholder. That's the main reason I want to be there this year. lol

Jon's a good man and a big boy. I remember him saying that this shouldn't be mentioned after we left the ramp. That is why I have only brought it up, with pictures 15 or 20 times. haha

Nau, it's all in fun. If you've never been stuck, you have never been anywhere or don't drive.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts