Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Well, the time draws nearer, the 24th is not far away. The moon phase will be at about 80% moon light lessening each day. I prefer less moon but that is one of those things that "Is what it is".

The average temperature at the gathering is 80* days and 56* nights. So, bring what you need to stay warm at night. Like most nights in the midwest, everything outside is covered with a layer of condensation. Having some towels to wipe things off is a very good idea.

Wouldn't be a bad time to get a list going for who will be there AND who will have a boat with them.

Baring some emergency, I will be there with my boat on Friday evening.

Eric, yell when you need the $135 raised with donations from Winston, Thad and Chris.

Napp ach Nytt
which was the Abu Garcia "Tight Lines" magazine in the 1950s
tight lines

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I'd like to start a fresh list of gathering attendees. Please post if you'll be joining us but haven't made a post thus far. I'll compile a list of everyone who have already said they would be there.
Let's plan on sharing a meal on Saturday afternoon, I'll bring the burgers and associated fixins. If anyone wants to bring chips or anything else please post.
I've had a few people ask me about doing a giveaway. Does anyone want to donate any items for a giveaway?
We will definitely keep the big fish pot tradition alive! Do you guys want to stick with the $5 entry price?
That's a few things to figure out, thoughts?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I appreciate the hospitality you have extended to all of us out-of-state catfishermen.

I really wanted to join you guys this year, but I’m going to sit this one out. My recovery from COVID is going pretty well, but I don’t think I’ll be far enough along to make a trip that long. I’m still tethered to an oxygen bottle and get winded more easily than I used to.

I really wish that I could pull it off, but it’s just not in the cards for me this time.

Good luck & stay safe out there. I’ll do the best that I can to make it next year!

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Eric I will bring some 8 ounce, No Roll sinkers with me to be given away. Won't be a huge amount but figure on ( 3 ) lots of 10.

As far as the pot for big fish, either $5 or $10 entry fee would be fine with me. I have alway felt it was more for bragging rights than anything. Either one would be fine. When I win, I would prefer exact change but I will except tips.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Eric
Stacee and I will be heading down there.
I can bring the chips - anything else you need help with?
I’ll bring some demon dragons and leader line for the giveaway if you want to do it?
im in for big fish pot if you guys are that’s a lot of fun. Maybe we can do better than 8lbs this year haha

·
Registered
Chris from Indiana
165 Posts
I am in as well still. I will be bringing my kids and the side by side with me this year to scoot down the bank with as long as the water levels aren’t too high. I also have the Rippin lips rod I won at the virtual conference for the giveaway. The kids and I will try to catch extra bait to bring with us to share with the group. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Sorry guys, I've been under the weather the past couple of days. Looks like we have 13 possible attendees for the gathering, with 3 of them on the fence. Will try to post more details tomorrow. We will do a giveaway at the Saturday cookout, thank you to those who so generously donated!

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
Alright fellas, here's the attendee list at this point:

1. Eric (me)
2. Reese (Mr. Catfish)
3. Chris (Cadyman) and kids :)
4. Dan (Jesus Saves)
5. Stacee (Eastforker)
6. Tom (twaskom)
7. Kelly (Whisker Seeker 76)
8. Terry (Kelly's Friend and net man)
9. Jon (Trophy Flathead Hunter)
10. Matt (Pike in the boat)
11. Winston (Metalman) - on the fence
12. Aaron (Derbycat)
13. Neill (Herbhome)
14. Neill's Significant Other

IF you are "on the fence", please post asap if you intend to join us or not. I want to be sure to buy the appropriate amount of hamburger.

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,310 Posts
As I’ve ended up working the last two Saturdays and work just keeps getting busier, I would say it’s unlikely I’ll be there……. But you just never know!!!

…W

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I will go ahead and confess this because you guys deserve it
FWIW when I saw the list a few posts back my eyes filled with tears

especially the part about the burgers

:p

have a good time guys maybe see ya next year

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,466 Posts
Hey guys, help me plan. The biggest sinker in my box is 4oz. How much weight will I need to hold my bait in place on that part of the Ohio?

·
Registered
Ever changing at the moment! I’m quickly becoming a TWC and whisker seeker fan though.
23 Posts
I would love to come but unfortunately I won’t be able to. I just had a son and he’s not been the happiest at night I’m doubting the wife would have me back if I left for a weekend of cat fishing at the moment! Haha wish everyone the best of luck catch some monsters!

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Hey GL. a new youngun. When they first come into the world the sure like to make sure everyone knows their here. haha. Especially since they get spanked right off when they haven't even done anything yet. Yah you better not push your luck. I am just hoping there are a few cats to be found. I haven't been on the big river in about two years.

tight lines

101 - 120 of 178 Posts