Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I thought it was about time to get the 2021 Gathering Thread started. Hopefully by the time September rolls around, the covid issue is not as much of an issue 🤞

Check out this picture of the shelter where we had lunch last year!
Sky Plant Property Water Tree

Who's in for the Indiana Gathering in 2021? We will have it toward the end of September.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Some things have changed as you can see in the photo.

If you have bank fished it was a somewhat shallow flat. Now it is a 35 foot drop-off. And you can now tie your boat right up at the pavilion. Also the on site outhouse is getting a really good cleaning as we speak.

I should be there this year. I have already had my shots. But September is a long way away.

tight lines all.

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gathering is held at They're Biting Campground in New Amsterdam. It's a nice spot, no traffic, and there's a launch in the camp. Last year we all chipped in and rented a Porta Potty, the outhouse is questionable at best, even with the flush it's currently receiving lol! Hope you can join us!

This thread will provide more info as time passes to stay tuned!

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,310 Posts
..............You read the river levels and it’s hard to put that in perspective till your looking it.........
I always think of it as the Ohio river in flood is like putting another Ohio river (and then some) on top of the regular river.
A lot of water for sure.

...W

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great to hear from all you guys! And Craig, please join us! We have the entire camp to ourselves for the most part, so there is plenty of room.

What do you guys think about renting another port o let this year? Seems like a wise choice to me.

·
Registered
Chris from Indiana
165 Posts
I'd say a 2nd porta potty is a good idea! I'm hoping the river levels are similar to what they were last year, if so i am going to bring my side by side with me and drive on down by the water level and get to some better places to bank fish. Last year the water level was perfect i could've driven right at the waters edge almost as far as the eye could see from down at the boat ramp area.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks like about a six-hour drive, but I’m game. I’ve rolled the idea around in my mind for a couple of years now, so it’s about time I just pull the trigger and go.

I’ll have to burn a sick day, but there is a lot of truth in the phrase... “a bad day fusing is better than a good day we work!”

1 - 20 of 178 Posts