2010 Ultimate Fishing Contest

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by olejer, Jan 11, 2010.

1. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    ---------------------ULTIMATE FISHING Contest Rules – 2010

1.--Every Gateway member is eligible – there is no sign up or registration required.
    2.--Each member will post his or her four biggest fish (weight) each month by the end of each month with the control factor in each picture. You will have a seven day grace period to post your results; after that the month will close.
    3.--A different control factor will be posted by OleJer, or an officer, at the beginning of each month.
    4.--You must fish within a 100 mile radius of your home mailing address. Any fish considered for this tournament that is caught outside this area is subject to a 50% weight deduction--but is still a legal fish for the Contest.
    5--.Each month everyone that submits a fish will be awarded points:
    First place 100 points;
    Second place 99 points;
    Third place 98 points;
    Fourth place 97 points, etc., until everyone who submits a fish is awarded their points. In the event of a tie, whoever posted their fish first will receive the higher of the two point value.
    6.--100 bonus points will be awarded to each person that submits a fish 10 out of the 12 months.
    7.--Contest will start on January 10, 2010 and will end at the last meeting of the year.

------------------Thank You And Good Luck To All Gateway Members

2. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    The Control Factor For Jan. is-- Your index Finger pointing in the air

Please Limit this Thread to Just "U.F.C. Topics Only"

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey Jer, I have one finger up. Can you see it??????
    :cowboy:

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    2010 Ultimate Fishing Contest

---------------------ULTIMATE FISHING Contest Rules – 2010

1.--Every Gateway member (Whose dues are paid up) is eligible – there is no sign up or registration required.
    2.--Each member will post his or her four biggest fish (weight) each month by the end of each month with the control factor in each picture. You will have a seven day grace period to post your results; after that the month will close.
    3.--A different control factor will be posted by OleJer, or an officer, at the beginning of each month.
    4.--You must fish within a 100 mile radius of your home mailing address. Any fish considered for this tournament that is caught outside this area is subject to a 50% weight deduction--but is still a legal fish for the Contest.
    5--.Each month everyone that submits a fish will be awarded points:
    First place 100 points;
    Second place 99 points;
    Third place 98 points;
    Fourth place 97 points, etc., until everyone who submits a fish is awarded their points. In the event of a tie, whoever posted their fish first will receive the higher of the two point value.
    6.--100 bonus points will be awarded to each person that submits a fish 10 out of the 12 months.
    7.--Contest will start on January 10, 2010 and will end at the last meeting of the year.

------------------Thank You And Good Luck To All Gateway Members

5. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    My two cents. The whole fun part about the UFC was to fish the brackets man to man. I would have liked to see the rules applied to the brackets. It could have been done the same way, each bracket has one month or whatever to fish or not and its settled, move to the next round. I feel the new rules have eliminated the vast majority of a snowballs chance in hell of being competitive. Good luck

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The last official meeting of the year, per the bylaws is in October. How are you going to then award 100 bonus points for posting fish 10 out of the 12 months when the contest is over at the last club meeting of the year, i.e. October?

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    October? How come we have always had a meeting in December then??

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    This is blasphemy!!! I can't believe that we are not following the by-laws of the club...who do I need to file my complaint with. Bob, make a note of this. :Mad:

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

well we're not gonna beat another dead horse To death!!
    22 members were at the last meeting-- we ALL decided on this format(as a Group and as a CLUB) SOOOO this is how it is going to be.If any non-members dont understand it I appolagize. So to Shed a Little light on those that live in a tunnel--"The last meeting of the Calendar year"

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Rat, your going to have to take it up with Cris, as he is the new Chairman. ;)
    Jerry, I am now wondering if the whole contest was set up in preparation for that last remark. ;)

11. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Lack of planning??????????

December is 'supposed' to be just a Christmas Party.

January (cooinciding with Leadstock)
    April
    July
    October

At least that's what the bylaws state. (or were supposed to state, not sure if the Secretary ever re-wrote them) This was hammered out between the board members and voted on in early 2009.

Just saying......not my business.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Which is when????? LOL!

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The uh, gathering in December usually includes a meeting. This could be deemed a makeup meeting to compensate for some of the other things we didnt get done during the year. I dont recall anything in the bylaws stating we cant have an extra meeting or a makeup meeting. I also think we can do anything the MEMBERS want to do, as long as we follow protocol. If a member doesnt like the way the UFC is set up, they can discuss it with the other members and officers or elect not to compete. I dont think anything we do is set in stone. There is always room for discussion.

14. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    :time-out:...I don't want to get involved in the politics of the rules or by laws...but I do have a question. The rules as written do not say what type of fish. Am I to assume that all species of fish are included?

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

:Nop: Darryl, you have a tendency of making everything your business!! LOL!

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LOL! Nope, still ain't my business. Was just trying to point out the technical issues. Seems I got in just as much hot water as a member when I tried to point to our by-laws. Why have the darn things if no one follows them?

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    No...this is a Catfishing Club, therefore catfish would be the species targeted. :wink:

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Hey Mark:
    We Are a "Catfishing" Club-- Sorry for the Confusion ,It Should have Read---- Any Catfish --Example :(Blue, Flathead, Channel)

19. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Rat.. I'm ashamed of you! ........some would call that Catfish snobbery......ROLMAO......:wink:

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Let Me attempt to answer your Question:

So You Will Have Something to Complain About