2010 Mendota Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by janzaldo, Dec 14, 2009.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody, hope all is well. I was just wondering on what dates are we going to have the Mendota Gathering?

Jaime

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey brother Jaime, we usually have the Mendota gathering in April. Usually mid april:wink:

3. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Hopefully there will be water and fish left. What Im hearing is not good.

Low water resulting in fish being slayed left and right. People keeping everything, ect.

And from one brother to the next , I wouldnt keep fish from the slough to eat anyway. The slough has been used for decades as a dump for farm chemicals and sewage. YES SEWAGE. If you still chose to eat these fish, thats up to you.

Ill have a case of XX for ya Jaime if I make it. Thinking about taking the boat......

4. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I hear there is a lot of pressure on the slough right now too. I really hope it doesn't get fished out. Could take a few years to replenish the fish. As far as eating the fish, I have always ate fish from the slough. I have never personally witnessed or heard of dumping into the slough. Maybe some farm runoff, but waste? I guess I have a steel stomach.:smile2:

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Dudes, that sucks! I hope the water rises by April. I hope this rain helped a little. I wanted I want to believe that people will realize not to kill every fish they catch.
    Cool deal Fred, hope ya can make rhe Gathering!

Jaime

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Water Levels...Bad tasting fish or not"!
    :angry:
    We are talking about the slough baby & Getting together to have a good time.
    :cool2:
    So if you ask me ... It's always all good to hang out with the fellows:
    Remember:
    "We are the California Boys ... So it's always on for us". :0a23:
    :wink:

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Bert... speaking of "California Boys" I just posted that my Son has a 6x9" round shield type sticker... for sale... put on a vehicle or on the side of your traveling bag/ tackle bag.... let you know on the price...

8. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Robb- Possible spot relocation if the water isnt looking good????? We gotta atleast have a puddle to put a line in and pretend to fish :smile2:

I hear ya Bert- Just gather up at the mud hole for the biggest BBQ EVER!!!!

Sean - IRON ?? I heard it was rather fragile last trip out.......:tounge_out:

I guess with all the other chems i put in my body , some pesticide wont hurt. I will investigate the sewage claim further. I would want any one eating shi**y fish. :wink:

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    How about James Rd for an alternate site for our gathering? I am like so praying water levels will be up by April:0a32:

Jaime

10. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    :wink:a don't forget about me i'll going to

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The slough will be full by April... I am sure of it. Actually it should be full in Feb/March:wink:

12. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    But how will the fishing be after the slaughter??

Jaime , I always have liked james Rd for camping better than the slough.

Room to throw a football, target shoot , ect. But the fishing has been better at the slough.

Robb ever take anyone to bass ave or the dam in Mendota? Its only five mins drive from the slough, another spot close to slough camp........

13. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    We have never been to Bass Ave. I have, but not the fellaz. Better for stripers there. For nice cats I would have to say the slough is best. James Rd is a nice camping spot and between late March and early June seems to be the best time for nice cats there. I'm probably going to go to slough this weekend and check it out. I will release ALL fish I catch, and try to encourage others to do the same.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I heard Bass ave is dried up, but then again after this rain we had, who knows. Fred, I did not know Mendota had a dam, That would be cool to check out, I wonder how the fishing is at the Dam, hm:confused2:

Jaime

15. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    I was thinking me and brother going to rio vista and fish alittle there check it out see if we can get a striper or two

16. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Do your thing. Or come on down here and get in on the free-for-all on the fish at the slough. I had never seen that many people there before. Like I said I will release everything I catch.

17. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    mendota is all bank fishing I take it.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nope, you can launch a boat for free:wink: Now I have not been out there to check the ramp and see how low the water is now. Depends on the boat that is used right now:wink: They lowered the water before and the fishing was still ok. It kills off all that lilly chit and opend up alot more bank fishing. Were you live at smokin?

19. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    You from the Fresno area?

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Were you from Jeff? Plan on hitting the slough this Saturday:wink: