2010 arkansas fishing regulations

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by fishstick, May 10, 2009.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i just read a notice in our local newspaper that the AGFC is taking suggestions for their 2010 fishing regulations. you can mail your suggestions to: AGFC, Attn: 2010 fishing regulations, 2 natural resources drive, little rock, ar. 72205
    submissions must be received by may 26. so you guys need to hurry and get your submissions in the mail. my suggestions were for more restrictions on commercial fishermen on the red river as to size and amount of catfish taken with nets from the river. if enough of us get our thoughts into the AGFC maybe we can get some things changed to benefit us sport catfishermen in arkansas. :wink:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    good idea billy ill get my list ready and send it in.wont make many happy but man can i give them an ear full. lol

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i guess everyone is happy with the current fishing laws in arkansas. oh well, i tried

4. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Fishstick, I feel your pain there.

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Billy maybe they dont' know what they want or are afraid that everyone will want something different so nothing will get done.

I think to make this effective it would be best if a proposal was written up and then see how many would agree on it and let them sign their names to it and then turn it in.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I WISH:0a32:LOL!! They would let ya use your cast net down at #13..:eek:oooh: by the dam....instead of 5million feet down past the bouy line!!!:wink: The shad know where the line is i'm telling ya:wink::tounge_out:

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    sam, thats what it's all about. they want to know what the fishermen want. i'm sure that everyones ideas wont be put into the law books but they'll know what we want if we tell them.

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    kev, you could be right. here's what i sent them hope it dosen't make anyone mad but this is how i feel.

I am a sport angler who fishes the rivers and lakes of Arkansas for trophy sized catfish. I have noticed that commercial fishermen in the state have no restrictions on the size or the amount of catfish that they can harvest in the waters that they are allowed to fish. If you take several commercial fishermen fishing a stretch of a shallow river and they have all of the deep holes covered with hoop nets and fiddler nets they can really hurt the chances for a sport fisherman catching anything, much less a trophy sized catfish. I think the commercial fishing regulations should be updated to restrict the amount and size of the catfish that they can harvest. As you know Tennessee has a size restriction of 34 inches on the catfish caught in the Mississippi river that has caused an explosion of trophy sized catfish. This type restriction should be enacted in the rivers and lakes of Arkansas. Arkansas has the waters to attract lots of sport fishermen if the trophy fish were there.

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Very good Billy. I hope they listen. I will be sending mine in and it will read about the same and maybe more lol

10. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    That sounds good to me Billy, I will also be sending one in.

11. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    just 10 more days to get your suggestions in

12. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I will get puppypal to type a letter and send it as well,Thanks for the info fishstick