2009 turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by misterwhisker, Jan 11, 2009.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i got cabin fever bad folks, the river is to high to fish, and i been thinkin about the upcoming turkey season, ive been huntin them gobblers for darn ner 30 years now and i gota tell ya i love it, I got two younguns that love the out doors also ,the 9 year old got his first gobbler last year and the 7 year old wants to get his 1st this year..I cant wait, i got them a couple calls for xmass and they have been workin them hard,they are gettin pretty good at it, i guess i gota wait to see how good they really are, i know they can call em in but we'll see ...talk to ya come spring have a good 1 and keep them lines tight....Paul

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Now ya talkin Paul. I'll thrash the woods again this spring if lords willin. If i had to pick just one thing i could hunt, it would be turkey. I got to the point i don't care if i shoot or not, i just like messin with em. In the process of makin some callers and have to send one to Walbash Bear when i'm finished. Got em cut out, just waitin for the bones to finish drying.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its just around the corner, April 22nd here in Indiana. About time to start drivin the wife nuts gettin tuned up on my calls. :roll_eyes:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I missed out last year due to finacial woes,I ain't missing this spring.:big_smile::wink:

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    hey guys... lets start talkin turkey..its that time you know...:roll_eyes:lets get some threads goin ...gobble...gobble:wink::smile2:

6. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    come on ya'll kill'n me !!! april 11'th down here and i had about all i can take :crazy: . lately i just been head'n to the mountains getting pic of elk and muleys :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: , that easies the time for me lil coyote hunt'n and them rascaly wabbits .

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    if you need help let me know lol:wink:

8. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    come on down !!!! i'll let ya pack the rabbits , coyotes :smile2::smile2:

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This will get ya'all goin.

http:/[youtubevid]SeuVGJhjpA4&feature[/youtubevid]

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i think i might have to get out there this spring and kill some turkeys. those rios are gonna die! prolly die laughing, i'll bet i'm rusty as all get out since i haven't hunted them in years. saw so many turkeys during deer season and just let em be. yall are getting me all worked up with these threads.

11. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    :smile2:I cant wait to chase some birds again! I already got my leave approved 3 months in advance for it lol. I am hoping to get one with my bow this year out of my double bull.

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am ready for it and its forever away.:sad2: But, I was making a delvery today and was pulling back out on the road and in the field in front of me were over 200 turkeys, I lost count at 120 cause I couldn't keep them strait. I thought they were geese at first. I set in the truck on the side of the road for 20 min looking at them. I guess the reports are correct in saying that Missouri is thick with turkeys.:eek:oooh:

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    at one of my spots, I fish while scouting, the crappie hit good that time of year and the gobblers are just as active:wink:

14. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    You can say that again, what we lack in some hunting we more than make up for with those big easterns :smile2:

15. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    We dont open up till the last week of April up here. By then there is alot of breeding already done. The biologists come right out and say that they set the seasons late on purpose so that the hunters arent disturbing the hens while they make nests???????? Doesnt make a whole lotta sense to me, as they lay for weeks and the season opens while theyre still layin anyway. Ive started tryin to get a mature bird with a bow and NO blind the past couple years. Boy is that TOUGH. Anytime you think that gym membership is workin, just go and try holdin at half draw while a big ol' tom checks ya out!!!:smile2: The turkey population here is at record levels, prolly more so now than before they were in danger years ago. Now were trappin them and sending them out west in trades for wild pheasants. Dont get me wrong, we have a lotta hunters to go with all them turkeys, so its no carp shoot gettin a bird. I truely believe we have some of the smartest birds anywhere.

If turkeys could smell, nobody would ever kill one.

16. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Got my first bird in 08...i had went wth my sister and dad in 07, but was not carring a gun. Hopin for another one this year, and hoping to add a buck to my collectin too. My sis has only got a jake then stopped huntin. My dad just finished up my turkey mount, its hangin in my room, he was a pretty old bird, had three beards, good sized spurs, and was a wreck on the nerves :big_smile:. Hope yall that take ur kids huntin have a good season.. to yall in general, good luck!!

17. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    congrats on your 1st bird....hope you have many more :wink:

18. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I might have to get a bird stuffed this year. I have always wanted to, because I love the way they look, but I can usually barely afford to go hunting as it is. lol

19. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i know fellas!! its getting close and cant hardly stand the anticipation... APRIL 11TH IS SLOWLY APPROACHING HERE IN NC

20. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm with ya all on this! Can't wait to bust some gobblers this year. Haven't shot one with the bow in the last 2 years. Been out only a couple of times last year and 2007 , none. BUMS me out, but I'm going to hit it hard and heavy this year. Can get 3 birds on 1 permit this year. That rocks! Nebraska has the turkeys. Where there's trees there's TURKEYS!! March 25 starts the season.

Got the bow, broadheads and the blind. Good luck to the turkey hunters this year!!