2009 season...

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by DC43, Jun 27, 2009.

1. DC43

DC43 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So I know it's early, but who is winning the superbowl. I know I'm from Pitt, and I'm a bias fan but I think they have a good enough team to repeat. :roll_eyes:...

2. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    :cool2::big_smile:STEELER REPEAT:big_smile::cool2: For the first time in about 10 years they dont have either THE hardest or one of the top 5 hardest schedules in the league. Injuries should be low and confidence HIGH. Steeler Nation will rejoice yet again!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

3. DC43

DC43 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There we go, some Steel City Pride:wink:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm going with the Steelers to win the Superbowl again! :big_smile: Here We Go Steelers!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

5. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    With Tom Brady back:big_smile:, the Patriots are going to run away with it. The Squeelers don't have a chance.:smile2:

6. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Tom Brady might be back, but he's not making a comeback...He's done!:smile2:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    This is the only post I agree on!

The Stillers will not repeat because that defense was disbanned.

The Horse will prevail this year!:crazy:

8. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Come on Tan, we both know theyre choke artists just like the Flyers.

9. wvcatfisherman

State:
    West Virginia
    I don't know why Tom Brady didn't play last year. He can play on one leg and still make defenses look like amateurs.:smile2: You cannot say that he is not one of the best quarterbacks to play the game.

10. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    best qb in the game????

roethlisberger
    • Most Regular Season Wins in a Season, Rookie QB — 13 (2004)
    • Longest regular season win streak to start a career for a NFL QB — 15 games (won all 13 starts in the 2004 season, won first 2 games of the 2005 season)
    • Highest Passer Rating, Rookie Season — 98.1 (2004)
    • Highest Completion Percentage, Rookie Season — 66.4% (2004)
    • (Tie) Most Touchdown Passes, Monday Night Football game — 5 (11/5/2007 vs. Baltimore Ravens)
    • First QB to start two Conference Championship games in first two seasons in the NFL (2004 & 2005)
    • Youngest starting QB ever to win the Super Bowl (2005; second-youngest QB to play in the Super Bowl, behind Dan Marino]
    • Roethlisberger became the second quarterback in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning, to register three perfect passing games during the regular season, and the only quarterback to ever register two perfect passing games in one regular season.
    • Most wins as a starting quarterback in first five NFL seasons (reg. season only) - 51 (from 2004-2008)
    • Tied for most seasons with one or more postseason starts in the first five years in the league since 1960, with four starts (tied with Bernie Kosar, Neil O'Donnel, Donovan McNabb, and Eli Manning).

11. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    he also has 19 game winning drives in 5 years

12. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    also...ben has never been on the cover of vogue, cosmo, or participated in a gay pride parade

13. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    btw i pick steelers undefeated through august next year.

14. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i dont think the steelers will repeat but i think the champions will still be an afc team

15. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    It's hard for them to repeat. When you win, you get crappy draft picks and your free agents become more expensive.

It's impossible to pick who will be good. Too many random factors. I predict he Vikings will continue to be hampered by their predictable coach. Green bay will get better, maybe the saints and dolphins will too. The chargers will continue to look good until they choke.

I like watchin the games but they do cut into what could be my fall fishing time. I gotta go unbox the new tivo now.

16. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    re signing ward was like printing money:wink:. we havent done too bad in the off season.we also have the easiest schedule. plenty of time for our D to get in their groove

17. wvcatfisherman

State:
    West Virginia
    All those stats about ROTTENBURGER mean nothing. Brady made it to the playoffs with recievers that nobody has heard of. When he got good ones you seen what he did. This year I predict 14-2( needs time to get back in the groove) and playoffs again for the Patriots. If brady wouldn't have gotten injured last year, I would have been sitting back and watching him kick some squeeler a$$.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. muddyriverdogz

muddyriverdogz New Member

State:
    Illinios
    I am Going with Favre and the Minnesota Vikings.Favre and Adrien will be unstopable!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

19. peechykeen10

peechykeen10 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ben rothlesberger is a clutch QB but it's your D that was keeping you in games, because ben's stats (especially in 2008) were weak. 17 TDs 15 INTs with a 80.1 qb rating.

20. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    agreed!! you need one of two things! you need a great quaterback- or like the titans a solid starter to manage the game and not make mistakes with a solid D and good special teams play! the titans were mediocre at best on offense but they never let a game get out of reach except the jets game!! ben ha been plagued by injuries and inconsistency for the last couple of years but like the titans he had a good D with sound players around him on offense!! the patriots had an all star offense in 07 and i believe now that they have always been money with free agent signings and again i believe they will be solid but their D is has been slowly dwindling the last couple of years!!