2009 Rend Lake Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by deerhunter4, Feb 21, 2009.

1. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello everyone,
    not been on the BOC much this year...I have been struggling with my job and trying to find my place...anyway enough about all that...

This is my last year running the Rend Lake Gathering and would like to propose a date for everyone...

The weekend of June 13 2009 is the free fishing weekend for Illinois and would like to have it on this day...

I have asked Brian Hupp if he would like to continue on with holding the Gatherings and organizing them...Have some family issues going on with health and new job and all...I still wanna be apart of them just don't have the time to carry out the duties of organizing and planning so I have asked if Brian and his Family would take that part over...

If the weekend of June 13 2009 does not work out that will be ok with me just please let me know what weekend would be good for all...

I would like to just keep it simple this year and everyone bring a dish and I will bring what ever is needed...please just drop me a line as to what you would like me to bring...

Thank You all,

Please have a wonderful breakfast and let me know how it goes...Sorry I could not make the breakfast as I have to go to school for my job that weekend...

Hugs to everyone,

Paul

2. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    That sounds good to me Paul. Keeping it simple is also ok with me, lets cut some of the frilly stuff and fish instead.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The date sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the new ones also.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    that sounds like a perfect date. the fishing should be great at that time. god willing, im gonna try to take leave and be there

5. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Deerhunter, those dates sounds good for us . I think those dates will help get more people to come if they can FISH FREE. Hope everything works out for you and your family. P.S I think that was a good chose in getting Brian to host the 2010 gathering. If I can help let me know.:wink:

BIGCAT GarryEads

6. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds great to me Paul. Glad to see you back on here again.:cool2:

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks everyone,
    I know Brian pretty well and I am sure he will put on a good show...Thanks Brian and Dennis for your willingness to continue on the Rend Lake Gatherings...

Thank you BIGCAT for your show of support...You have always been there for us and I really appriciate it...

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    All I can say is right now, I just want to go fishing!

Really looking forward to taking on the torch after Paul has done it for the past 3 years. Definetely would love to see it continue and grow each year as it has been so far.

As for the 13th, that looks like a fabulous weekend. I love the free fishing weekends and hope we can pull in more brothers from other states.

9. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    this will be my first for the BOC.is any bodygoing to do any fishing that weekend or do we just show up whit food and get to meet people?? what goes on at a gathering? Whatever happen count me and the wife in. sounds like a good reason to camp an fish..

10. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    The date looks good for me, so my Wife and I shoud be able to make it out for some fun and fishing! What time are we looking at starting this up?

11. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    date sounds good to me as well. i think we should still have the tournament like last year though. it was real fun. probably bringing an additional 4 to 6 people. lookin forward to it.

12. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    i'm down.....i'm actually gonna make sure i GO this year instead of just pimpin' A COUPLE T-SHIRTS i got from brian in the mail...:wink:

13. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    had alot of fun last year,this year will be the same im sure,im just ready to fish,i havent been able to get on here much,paul good to here from u.cant wait to see everyone again,don,nancy,lil kat,brian,shane,all yall.anyway hope i can get some internet soon so i can keep up.

14. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    It is on my calendar!!

15. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I liked the fishing last year as well...We will have another tournament...Can Charlie pull out another 5 lbs to win it or can some one beat him this year???

Look forward to the Gathering...Seeing all of you again and enjoying some fishing...

16. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What does everyone think about eating time??? Maybe a little early lets say 3-4pm and trying to get the tournament started at 6pm - 10pm

I will call on Monday to make a reservation for the Pavilion...:wink:

Tournament Sign Up

1.Deerhunter4

17. raiderfan

raiderfan New Member

State:
    IL
    Got it on the calender :cool2:

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    may as well put me on the list. the only thing that could keep me away is an untimely deployment

19. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can add me to that list this time. :0a23: :big_smile:

20. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    throw me and denise on there for sure. will let ya know if anymore come down with me. still too far away to find out. no matter what im workin on gettin them signed up for the forum.