2009 Mendota Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), Dec 11, 2008.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Jaime posted about the 2009 Mendota Gathering in April. It is on the BOC gathering forum. We want to hear from everybody! All the way from the U.S./Mexico border, San Diego and Los Angeles, to Yuma AZ, from Bakersfield to Fresno, up to the Bay-Area and Sacramento. Everybody chime-in and let's see if we can get together and do it REAL BIG! Being centrally located this has the makings of a big gathering and a good time! Looking forward to hearing everyone's responses. Tight Linez!

Sean!

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Let me be the first to say that:
    "I'm down for any & all Gathering at Mendota"! :0a23:
    (Robb knows how I roll)

I know that I be one of the ones there in April.
    (You Can Bet On That)
    :wink:

3. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Sounds good Bert. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout. Should be a hulluva time. Perfect timing right now. It's the beginning of the year and time to start planning vacations. Take off a Friday or a Monday and you have a 3 day weekend. I think April 17th-20th would be a good date, but that is definitely subject to change. Whatever works for everybody. Maybe Robb should determine the date since he is a Mendota vet. What you think Robb?

Sean!

4. catfshhunter

catfshhunter New Member

State:
    Richmond, Virgi
    I am down to go !!

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The 17th-20th may be a better date. I am down though.

6. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Well, the Slough Man has spoken. April 17th-20th it is. Be there or be square(never that). That date sounds real good. Should be decent weather by then. At least mid 70's. That's a perfect time to fish James Rd as well. Maybe we can take a some of the fellaz out there for awhile too. It's only 10 minutes from the slough. James Rd will be crackin at that time.

Sean!

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great idea......Lets take some brothers to experience James Rd. :wink:

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    That date will work better for me also. I'll put it in my calendar so I can plan around it.
    Of course, if I go I'll probably get there a day or three a head just to make sure I have the spot I want to camp.

9. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Sounds good Tom. Should be plenty of space to set up camp.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Just a thought, maybe we can plan a trip across the river of the slough to my honey hole during the gathering. Of course we'll need a boat. Maybe talk stankbait into bringing his boat. :wink:

11. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    How far of a walk would it be from the bridge to that spot? That is a good idea, if someone brings a boat of course. We can catch some gills and crappies in that canal in the back too. Some of us should catch some nice fish. Ahhh....I can see it now:roll_eyes:! Hey Robb "YOUR POLE!", Hey Bert "YOUR POLE", Tom, TOM! "YOUR POLE'S IN THE WATER"!:smile2:

Sean!

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Too far. lol!!!!!! It would be a walk from the bridge for sure.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That is exactly how I lost my 9ft ugly stick.:angry: Caught a lil gill in that canal and put it on the stick. Tossed it out in the river. Next thing about 15 min later..... Rod and reel flying out into the river. :crazy: I forget which BOC member was there. I think Fullmoon. I can't remember who but they were believers of "big fish" in the slough after that. lol

14. wishrman

wishrman New Member

State:
    california
    Hello out there, I just signed up and read about your poss trip to mendota slough. I live in Napa and love fishing for cats bettter than most any other fish. Ive mainly fished a few areas around Clearlake (25# best ever) and Lake Berryessa (12# got w/ minnow and bobber trt fsfng). No longer have a boat due to some physicial challanges in handling the damn thing by myself. However I do have reliable wheels (knock on wood), like to fish different places, and also don't care to fish by myself. Sooooo after reading a few of your (threads?) I thought you guys might be somthing to look into. That is if its all right with ya all. Im house broke,dont drink so I make a great designated driver, and I always bring my own bait. Well thats about all. Think about it and if no one tells me where the hell Mendota slough is I guess Its a closed adventure. Thanks for your time and for those of you who believe in Santa, Happy Holidays.. Wishrman (Steve)

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "The More - The Merrier"! :big_smile:

:0a25: Steve to the B.O.C. & to being the newest member of the:
    "California Boys"!!!!!! (LoL)
    :0a23:
    :wink:

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Guys I would love to go up to that area and fish. I know in April thought I will be saving the long trip snaps for Clear lake as I been putting that off for way to long and will make it happen this coming derby event in May. Just for research purpose how far of a drive is Mendota from L.A? Will make some Delta gatherings in the future.

17. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i will check my dates, i do want to attend a gathering soon!!!!!

18. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Brian, if you drive up I-5 to the 33 it is about the same distance from where you live as it is to Fresno.
    From West L.A. to Mendota is right at 240 miles.

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Steve to the club. Right on brother, Clear lake is the place for the monster channels. Fished it with Randy (Knotguilty) few years back. Never fished Berryessa, but heard and read many great things. Your more than welcome to come on down for the gathering. Mendota is few miles from Interstate 5 located in the Central Valley here (20-30 miles west of Fresno).

It is old time bank river, camp fire, bs'ing, catfishing. No thrils like showers or electricity. porta potty down the road a ways. Free to camp, fish and launch. I dunno, but love it that way. lol. Good times and meet old and new friends. Hope you make it. And yes i belive in Santa....... :wink:

20. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC, Steve.
    I don't think we keep secrets about where to fish, read some of the older posts and you'll see most if not all members try and promote their favorite fishing hole by inviting other member to come join them for a go.
    As far as Mendota National Wildlife Refuge goes it consists mainly of the the Fresno Slough off the San Joaquin river south of Whitesbridge Rd. and surrounding area.
    It can be found on the map just southeast of the town of Mendota. The entrance to The MNWR is located on Hwy 180 (Whitesbridge Rd.) just about 2-3 miles east of Hwy 33 (S. Derrick Ave.) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...729804,-120.333939&spn=0.126024,0.302124&z=12