2009 lowe roughneck jon boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Bait Boat, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Anybody seen these boats or own one yet . Just wanted some info or opions on these boats they look pretty good from what little I"ve seen:roll_eyes:

2. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    The improvements:
    longitudinal stringers
    extruded receiver gunnel
    extruded center keel
    more storage
    factory Gator-Skin liner

The bad:
    closed cell foam under the floor: although it makes the boat quieter, it will absorb water and pit the aluminum...I've seen this on 2 year old 1760 Roughneck and various others that use this under their floors.

Only a 3.5" deadrise, hopefully they will offer an option for a deeper deadrise for those that fish in rough waters.

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    we fish out of a 96 model 19ft. lowe roughneck,center console, its a flat bottom as all roughnecks are, this one was bought over at cofhers by pat kennedy, this boat has flotation in the bottom,sides and two platforms in the rear, johhny and sam both know the boat and tell some about it as well, the bottom of these boat are welded but every thing else is pop riveded, after 13 years of heavy use this is still a good boat and will take rough water, the rough water has beat some of the rivets loose and we have replaced some as we go, they are great in shallow water but better suited for days with lower winds even though we fish polebenders in all weather and just kind of hum up and get it. this boat was out fitted witha 70hp but is rated for a 90hp, it needs the 90hp .go to the lowe web site you`ll find some pictures there. my next rig will either be a f and f but more likely a sea ark

4. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hello i have had three of these boats the hulls are al welded the inside covering the floor and sides is rivited mine is rated for 90 i have put the same 115HP on all the boats with no problem. mine is center steer to. with no problems. I am not to easy on mine either.LOL.:smile2:

5. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    BAIT BOAT come look at mine i will be ordering a new one in june 09 lets go 65 mile per hour lol or 40 on three foot swells i will be selling mine soon pm me . i have had sea ark boats there okay to but i like my roughnecks better.:crazy:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well OK then, I wanna go 65 on 4' swells at Carlyle with a 45 mph SE wind...... when ya wanna do this trip? :wink: :smile2: :smile2: :eek:oooh:

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a 1999 Roughneck 1960 with a Merc 90 Hp . I like it I bought her brand new and have made lots of changes over the years,,, some planned, so not.

Mine hit a tree at 25 mph and just messed up the front end a little. I redid her with steel.

They are tough boats.

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There has been a change in the Roughneck design, which makes me think they are being built by Tracker. Trackers are arrow head shaped, have been for years. They start to taper in from the stern to the bow like an elongated triangle. Lowe's have always come straight off the stern and rounded off into the bow about 2/3 of the way along,which gave them more room in floor area compared to a Tracker of the same dimention. Thats why I bought a Lowe and not a Tracker in 07. Now I cant tell a bit of difference between the two, other than little things. Look at both boats websites and check the overhead view. Its the same damn boat. If I was buying today, it wouldnt be either one of these.

9. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i`ve got a buddy who has a tracker boat, the bottom split out three or four times, he had alot of problems with tracker on fixing the welds. my self i wouldn`t buy one.

10. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    bait boat if you want a new boat call f and f tellhimwhat you want and he`ll call you back with a price(custom built) but if you want 125 metal you`ll have to tel him, his standard boats are 100. myself i would get 125 metal in what ever i bought and all welded no pop rivets