2009 Indiana gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by billcatfish, Jan 5, 2009.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    well guys 2008 came an gone been a sweet year for fishing looking to get a new thread started for the 2009 indiana gathering an see if we wanna keep it at rocky point or move it my self i loved it up there close to the water camp sites are not to bad it was a good time getting to see all the guys from the board that you just see here an get to meet them im all ears guys give me some input on what you guys would like to d see happen this year then we can start on a date

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    LOL speak for yourself...was a lousy year of fishing for me.

Anyway, I really hope to make it this year if work dont get in the way again.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we should try to do a spring and fall trip this year !! get on some pre spawn fish!!! i will be spending a lot of time there this year so just call when you are coming :smile2: might have to get a permanent camp site and leave the camper there since my new boat is to big to pull behind the camper:crazy:

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hopefully i will get to go up there this year. hated it missing lastyear. all the big cat stories ive heard. i need to break my pb this year.

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    That would be a problem. You can't pull both! I do have an S10, would :cool2:that help?

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hell yeah! You go Mr. Bill! Rocky Point is fine with me and Michele. We loved it down there. Set a date bro so I can reserve the princess a cabin, lol.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    That wont be a problem, I got a truck and hitch to pull your camper. But then I would need a boat to fish out of. lol:smile2:

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    if you cant find a suitable spot in my 21ft boat then its time for a diet walt!!! :smile2::smile2: its WAR on the rockypoint flatheads for me this year!!! i have a score to settle with that big boy that got a 10" bluegill in his mouth and broke my line!:cool2: i am going loaded for bear this time!! :angry:

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    oh oh oh god your bring princess with you are you sure you wana do that she kicked all or butts the last time down here its all good glad to see her hook into a nice fish let me see when the cabins are going to be put out an ill post that up an we can start looking from there

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds good Bill. Let me know if you need any help puttin this one together, I'll do whatever I can. Later.

11. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Wheres Rocky Point located at, Ive never fished it.

12. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jason,
    It's not far from you at all; just a couple of miles upstream from Cannelton Dam on the Indiana side.

I will be there, work schedule permitting...W

13. Massive Cat

Massive Cat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That sounds great just pick a date.

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i heard you were still alive but untill now i had seen no proof!!:smile2: hows it going josh?

15. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Just pick a date and Ill be there. I was at the first gathering in cannelton and got to meet Bill and Tim and the wole gang. Another place that we may all want to consider is in Vevay right close to the markland dam. I had a lot of success there this past year and and caught my pb 48lb blue. The damn is only a few miles upstrem from Madison as well. Dosent really matter to me but just thought id throw that idea out there and see what everyone else thought.

16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I drove to Missisinwa & slept in the truck/topper for a bed for 2 nights.
    I'm ready!:cool2:

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You know I have to throw my two cents in out of no where... After Winston sneaking off and catching the 60+ pounder you know Im up for Rocky Point.. Those of us that went last year know there are monsters to be caught.. I diodnt catch anything of any size but I did catch Channels, Flats and Blues all on that one trip.. So it was a good trip for me..

Just hope that Winston will need my skipjack fishing skills so I have a boat to fish from... This time Winston lets either get one of them stripers in the Boat or just leave them alone... I lost alot of lures on them... LOL But boy was it fun!!

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will just upgrade to braided line... .. That should have enough muscle

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    im in, last year was a blast!

you making another plaque for Winston's wall shane? i bet he spent the rest of the summer out from that creek mouth. lmao

20. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd love to make it to the gathering, gimme a time and place. Work and wife permitting, I'll be there.