2009 Georgia Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Creteus, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm going to go ahead and see what you guys think about next years gathering. Each year we agree to meet and greet and 80% of the people don't show. I know it aggrivates the crap out of Mr. Ward for all the hard work that goes into the planning and setup of the event. Next year I'm hoping everyone can stick to their word and show. What I'd like to hear is some ideas for next year and what people think that may help in the over all turn out.

2. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    well i aint never went to a gathering so i really couldn't tell ya any good ideas. 1 idea i do have though is definatley a fish day, if the gathering can be booked near a good sized fishing hole have a gathering and a fish day and all the good fun in between i think that would be great. well theres my 2 cents thanks brother.:big_smile:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    A centralized location to keep driving distances down for those of us that live in the far corners of the state, and there's still time for anyone to come to Oconee next weekend for the gathering there, just check out the member gatherings section.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    FREE BEER :big_smile:

5. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    I second the motion on free beer:big_smile:

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I think a central location is a good idea also. Gas prices are coming down but it always does that before it sky rockets. So I guess step one would be to choose where, then when, and after that the food and that free beer that Pauls going to supply:wink:

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Free beer (1 keg) for the gathering at WEST POINT LAKE. FREE camping at Ringer access! (2 min. from my house) :wink:

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Date ,Location , activities all help in a good gathering if we plan far enough ahead and do it right we could set up contests [iecasting ] and demos [sinker making] or whatever you do that you think people would like maybe even a raffle with proceeds going to the BOC also we need a good food supply and timing for the main gathering meal if you are interested we could do a lot of planning right in this thread
    By the way for those of you on the E Mail list of Pauls the show they are doing was filmed at one of our gatherings at Oconee if you are not on his list you will have to wait for it on T.V unless you sign up on it

9. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Hey Paul you need to make another post. You got that 666 now:eek:oooh:

10. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Man, Thanks! I did'nt realize that! :embarassed:

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    westpoint sounds good to me. casting contest? I'll put 15lb line on my 6500 reel that's on my 12' surf rod...what will I win? lmao. how close is that camp ground from the river paul?

12. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    You will win an official Chattahoochee Floater! The campground is right on the river on the northern end of West Point but there are NO hookups. Thats why its FREE. There are restrooms, showers and grills. Great flathead fishing!

13. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I think it would be better for a mini gathering/tournament.

14. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    i'll beat you with helicopter assistance:big_smile:

15. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I suppose it would be good for the main gathering as long as nobody had to have hookups. I think they have a pavilion for groups. Not a central location but great catfishing within reach of any small boat and it is FREE.

16. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    you know bassmassey can out throw a helicopter, lmao

17. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I bet a 2oz. sinker would do a number on that chopper. :big_smile:

18. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Westpoint may be in central georgia, but its far from the center of the state. Just an observation:wink:

19. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I would like to fish on westpoint and would more than likely be able to make it out there. Although, a true centralized location that sounds good to me too would be the lower ocmulgee river. I wonder if there are any campgrounds along the lower ocmulgee? maybe we can make westpoint a mini gathering and have the "georgia gathering" on the ocmulgee?

20. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Lower Ocmulgee/Oconee is pretty remote. Let me check on that.