2009 Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Anyone up for the week after Memorial day which would be the 29th - 31st at Salt Fork??? I think that would be a great place to have it. We had it there a couple of years ago and some caught some didnt (me LOL).

There is a great chance of some good channels and Flats out there. Lets get some ideas in bro's

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ill add that I can do what I can for it, Ive never done the set up or ran one but would help out with what I can.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds good Gary! Im in. Thats a nice looking lake, Been by it many times on the way to Peidmont.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Kip I have only fished there once and that was at the last gathering there. There is good shore access and there were pleanty of boaters that had open seats. Loanwizards daughter caught a good 8lbr Channel off of his boat.

I think another idea that would be good if not Salt Fork how about Tappen or Clendenning I think there is good channels and Flats there also. I dont know about any other lakes around there.

Its not really my neck of the woods in that area but I think we would get a good representation of fishermen and women together with lakes around there.

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    sounds good to me

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I just want to let any Bigfoot Hunters out there know that this lake is known for them. Have been numerous sightings over the years, The National Geographic Channel even did an hour long episode on the "Grassman" Which is basically a Bigfoot, but sounds better on a T.V. commercial lol.

I will pay ten dollars to any B.O.C. member attending the gathering that can supply me with photographic proof of a real live Bigfoot while fishing Salt Fork that weekend. Photos to be judged legit or not by Jason454, Retired to fish, and Loanwizard. There must be a unanimous decision to claim payment.

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I suggest NOT holding it at a state park on a Holiday weekend, too many boats, never get everyone a camping spot, etc. Just a thought.
    For the record, that is too far away from some of us folks way over here so as always, I wish you guys a great outing!

Salmonid

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, for the record, the sad part of it all is that Jason454 set it up down south to accomodate everyone in your neck of the woods but nobody wanted to show up or show an interest in coming so he set it up at Dillon Lake. I wish you guys would be willing to come up here, you all will have a blast! Maybe carpool to make it easier and I'm sure there's some boaters up here that would open a few seats for you all!

I vote for Salt Fork as well, it's a nice lake with better chances of catching some big flatheads.:wink:

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Its the weekend after the holiday weekend. Im sure it will be busy still but not as IMO. And like RamRod said we tried to have one in the South Western part last year and it was scrubbed due to high gas prices and everyone that confirmed showing up were the peeps that show up to Dillon

10. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Im up for salt fork. I just hope I can make this one.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats back in my work year, but I will plan on coming out like my usual one day! :wink: rollo

12. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    any of those lakes sound good gary, lets just get it set and work from there

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    im thinkin that we set a date and fish in one of neocats tourneys that will be in that area, i hear jeff holds a good deal and it would be fun for all even those hard core cat men that like tourney action.:wink: im game for that..

14. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i agree with smokey and mrwhisker jeffs tourneys are alot of fun even if the fishing is slow might get to to do some boat bunny watching lol dont forget the binos lol:tounge_out:

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jeff, Can you hold an OPEN that weekend at Salt Fork this year. Or set one for next year? Has to be last of May or first of june so the flatheads are running.

I use channel cats for bait.

16. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    To start, all the NEOCATS tourneys are "Open". Let's see at Salt Fork? Hmmmm. OK. My schedule is free May 30th weekend. AS soon as someone gives the thumbs up for this, I will go to work on it and try to secure us some camping spots.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jeff, if this makes it thru the approval process. What is the criteria? Can I enter Flats or is it channels only? If it's both, I'll be there with bells on. If you want to hold a channel cat tourney count me out.

18. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    This doesn't have to be a "regular" NEOCATS tourney, but if it was, there are two divisions at each tournament. The main is for channels (and blues), the other for Flatheads. Anglers are allowed to join one or both.

Or, we can have a free-for-all and say whatever is caught gets weighed together.

19. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can prolly make it!!!

20. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is sounding more and more like something I want to do, camping, fishing, new people.... I just hope I'll have a boat by then.