2009 Gathering Roll Call

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by puddle jumper, Oct 25, 2008.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Ok,,, Ill start it out..
    Im comming..
    Will be in the camper, and will bring, two 8-9 Lb pork shoulders,,:roll_eyes: if its cold might bring a big pot of chilly ,, For the Friday night crew...

Figure if I bring food I can bum fishing info on where to catch the big flatys...:cool2:
    Paul will we need to make our own reservations or will we do it as a group "group rate"?? If so Ill need a contact number..

Puddle,,,

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    When we set a date we can get this on the calender and move it to the right area if I get to make it there will probley be three we'll come in on friday and leave sunday tent camping but got to have electricity for and water for coffee pot

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    puddle, It would be nice if we could make a group reservation or a least get most everybody booked at the same time. Then if anybody decided to go at the last minute, the could make individual reservations.

4. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Richard, I think the fishing will be better the first weekend in April. It might be a little chilly at night but ya'll will catch more fish. Is the first weekend in April ok with everybody?

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If you could let the coe know about it after a date is set on most of the gatherings they have put us close if they knew we were all together with the BOC what kinda charges on that and are the tent sites close to water

6. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    10-4 I'll call them in the morning.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Let's make this big if we gonna do it

8. Lawyer33

Lawyer33 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I plan to attend. I have no tent or camper, so I may be in a motel.

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I would recommend the Best Western (LaFayette Garden Inn) in LaGrange. It has a built in IHOP! It's about a 15 min. drive to the campground.

10. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Denise and I will plan to attend. We'll bring the fire pit and firewood, and will bring some food.

But, we will NOT be tenting it! I thought there was mention of a place where there were cabins for rent...?

- Marty -

11. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Marty, You can rent a cabin at Highland Marina. We were thinking about having the gathering there. They were going to allow a couple of tents to be pitched on the trailer pads (they normally don't allow tent camping) but it looks like we will have too many tents. You can rent a cabin there if you want and you will be about 10 min. away from the campground.

12. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    One other thing to consider is the COE campgrounds lock the gates from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. No in or out.

13. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I will most likely attend, and regarless if I do or not I can contribute my campsite money and a 21lb pork butt if someone has a smoker or wants to cook it up, it should make sandwitches and meals for the whole trip for quite a few people. My questions:
    Can these sites be shared, and if so by how many people/vehicles/tents? it would be great to find another tenter to share a site with so that I could also share the cost.
    Will we have water access to tie up the boats or are we launching each day/night?
    Does someone have a seat on a boat they can commit to me so I can tag along that weekend if i dont have a boat by then? I wouldnt much like to drive for hours just to sit my butt on the shore, I can do that here...

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Bradley, you can tie your boat up to the bank. Tent sites are really close. The campground also has its own boat ramp. I'm not sure how many tents are allowed per site. Probably no more than two. I'll check on it. Here is a link to campground. http://www.recreation.gov/recAreaDet...ntractCode=130

15. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    thank you for speaking in faith that I will have a boat...:wink:

16. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    The COE campgrounds that I have been to closed at 10 but have openers to allow exit after that. If someone needed to leave they would just call someone that did not to go pull up to the gate so it would open and let them back in. This one may not be that way though.

BTW I am good to go for the first week of April. Count Cathooker in too. We will both be camping with PJ.

17. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Cheez, with these you're locked in (except for emergencies) until 7 a.m.

18. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Bradley, I hope you will have your boat by then. I have already promised 3 people they could ride with me. If nobody else has any room we will make room in my boat. We will get you out there one way or the other brother. If anybody wants to rent a boat, Highland Marina rents pontoon boats. If you got 3 or 4 people to split it, it would'nt be so bad.

19. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    You could rent one of those huge house boats for $500 a day :smile2:

Early April should work fine for my wife and I.