2009 Gathering Locations

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Creteus, Oct 18, 2008.

2009 Locations

1. Westpoint

2. Oconee

3. Blackshear

4. sinclare

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'll put these on here for now

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That looks good. Does Blackshear have a horsepower limit?

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    No HP limit, but in Septermber the knats will drive you nuts. I was there this year and the locals said every year they are there. I spent the whole trip pissed and covered in Off that they seemed to drink.

4. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    The Chattahoochee River above West Point Lake is full of Flatheads! :big_smile:

5. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    Well i would have to say lake sinclare and oconee would be the best locations, because there really isn't anything else thats centrally located, kinda wish they had a nice lake or river down in Macon but what can ya do. Well where ever ya'll decide to get this together i'll try and make it i'm gonna be re-enlisting in the army so no guarentees from me for next year, but if i'm here i'll make it. Also this is for Paul down at westpoint if i'm here next year i will bring 1 full keg name your brand:big_smile:. hope this time around everyone can get there get a good turnout, well if yall need anything let me know and i'll help as best i can.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am going to jump on the West Point bandwagon. Some great fishing in the Hooch and I can't wait to get back down there

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    You're a smart man brother!

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Its happening again. The polls are running side by side. We might as well be voting for president:eek:oooh:. I guess if it keeps up we'll have to leave it up to the trusty coin:wink:

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Are we allowed to campaign? By the way, Danzig wants your vote over in HI. :big_smile:

10. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Don't forget, FREE C.O.E CAMPGROUND at boat ramp on northern end of West Point. Great flathead water. LaGrange is 10 min. away. VOTE WEST POINT! :wink:

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    what about joe the plumber and all the hockey moms paul?

12. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    At this time I am still an undecided voter :big_smile:.

13. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Yeah, I have'nt voted either. Oconee would be fine. Both lakes are good.

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I voted on oconee cause of central locality even though blackshear is a lot closer for me

15. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I voted oconee just because it's in my backyard, although that westpoint idea is starting to sound good........I think oconee is the most pratical central location, although alot of us wend down south the past two years. I say we should move it around a lil bit every year. We're doing oconee next weekend ofcourse, maybe do westpoint next year, then we can't forget about the coosa way up there in the corner maybe in the future?

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Whatever is deciced by the majority of voters if we do move it around then if a person can't travel a long distance then maybe another year they might make it that is why I figured a cental location With hookups and showerhouses so that people can be comfortable without a hassel

17. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I agree. Don't know if I can live without AC.

18. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    The free campground has showers, grills and trailer pads, just no electric (cool in spring). There is another COE pay campground (Brush Creek) farther upriver with hookups. Its actually on the river (not the lake). You can catch flatheads from the bank. It does'nt matter to me though. Just thought I'd give ya'll the info.

19. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    How about reasonably priced motels near West point? I don't have a camper anymore so my regular partner Cathooker and I will need to stay in a motel close by. If it is at Oconee I know of a few close by that we used to stay at years ago during bass tournaments.

20. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Hey Cheez, There are about 8 different motels in LaGrange that are about 10 to 15 min. from the campground.