2009 GATEWAY CLASSIC

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
  2. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is going to be GREAT guys. I'm jumping a plane on the 29th or I would be there fishing in this thing for sure. I'm proud to see our club sponsoring such a great event and hopeful that there will be a good turnout from our club membership and that one of our own brings home the bacon!

3. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cant wait for the tourny, me and Runge are exited. Myself im glad to be able to finally meet people that i have been talking to. I just dont want any hard feelings when the rookies come in with the winning weight.:wink:

4. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Cant fish it, but Im off that weekend, Id love to come up and help out in some way and watch the weigh ins. :big_smile:

5. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Hey Nanner man Have they said anything on the boundries for the tourny yet and what are they?

6. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    That is a vey good question John, i also am interested in that.

thanks,

Chad

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    If I remember correctly..........

It was from Melvin Price Dam to somewhere close to St Genevieve and the Missouri River was out of it boundaries....

I'm not 100% positive on that though...

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    The boundries are from Melvin Price dam to the Chester Bridge down in Chester IL. Tributaries, including the Missouri River are closed except for getting bait.:wink:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Boundaries are from the bottom side of the Melvin Price Dam in Alton, all the way down to the bridge at Chester. Tributaries, including the Missouri River, are off limits with the exception of catching bait. Trailering is allowed.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    oops, sorry guys, didnt see you guys had already posted it up. Guess I should read the thread in its entirety before I answer :smile2:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I spoke with Tanner and we have some rules clarifications for you all.

Legal water is the Mississippi River from below Mel Price Dam all the way south to the bridge at Chester, Illinois.

Anglers may NOT fish any tributary waters, which includes the Missouri River, however

anglers may launch there boat, and obtain bait, from any and all tributaries, so long as they do not fish.

For example: anglers may put in at Columbia Bottoms ramp on the Missouri River, and catch bait on the Missouri River, so long as they do not fish until they have reached the Mississippi River. For the purposes of determining the Mississippi River edge boundary, anglers should mentally draw a straight line from the furthest land point out on both sides of the tributary, and there boat must remain completely outside this line.

12. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Clarifications by Nanner as gotten straight from Tannar. Thanks Nanner:smile2:

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    So I guess if the sun is out and they were together you could get a Tanner Nanner. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Conversation went something like this...........ring.........ring.........Hello this is Tanner........Hey Tanner this is Nanner............How the hell ya doin Nanner?............Fine Tanner I was wondering if you could explain the rules in a clear manner.............No problem Nanner, I'll just run you off a copy of the banner on my scanner............Thats great Tanner..........On its way Nanner............Got it Tanner, is this the approved banner?.........Why yes it is Nanner I got it straight from the event planner..............Your the best Tanner, say hello to your brother Danner............Sure will Nanner next time your in town stop on by the manor...............Sure thing Tanner...............Goodbye Tanner...........Goodbye Nanner................click...........click. :eek:oooh:

(I swear I haven't been drinking)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now Doug, don't go airing out your dirty laundry here at Gateway. When you choose to not drink, no need to broadcast that shortcoming.:wink:

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Almost hate to ask a serious question, but I'm planning to camp at St Francis State Park. Am I overlooking something closer to Crystal City? Has to have electricity for my battery charger.

17. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Gary,
    I have seen peopla camping right at the club. You may check and see if that's possible. Don't really know but Nanner could probably find out for you.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lmao that was a good one Doug. It did indeed go something like that. Honest. Lol

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gary I will find out for you. I see no problem with you parking your camper at the boatclub. Might have to toss the boat club a few bones. I'll find out for you.

20. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    John, I got a feeling that the fact that I'm tent camping will be a deal killer with the boat club. If I wasn't so partial to getting a shower every day or two and had a way to charge my batteries I could just stay out on the river and put up the top and side curtains. :cool2: The state park isn't too bad of a deal though, it's only about a 25 mile drive.