2009 Flathead State Showdown!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by walleye086, Sep 6, 2008.

1. walleye086

walleye086 New Member

State:
    PA
    Okay, this is VERY early, but working out all the details now will assure everything is perfect when it starts!

From the looks of the other contest thread, it seems Ohio is being a bit cocky. So, here is my challenge..

April 1st - October 31st(2009 - duh). FLATHEADS ONLY! Every flathead over 25lbs(or 30lbs - this is something we can work out) will be 1 point. 5 people will rep. each state(people from each state can work out who will rep. the state - draw straws, pick captains, w/e floats ya boat). Most points at the end win.

- a photo is REQUIRED in order to submit a fish. A photo on the scale would be cool, but do we need that? I trust everyone will be honest.

I already brought this idea up on another thread. Getthenet(from Ohio) Pm'd me right away, so he will be one of the Ohio guys.

Well what do ya's think? Any suggestions? Let's hear some feedback. I'll start putting my team together. I can't wait to see Ohio go down:smile2:

2. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    ok i need 4 more ohio guys . lets go

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Count me in!

I'm already preparing plans for summer of 09.

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I would also participate if you need another Pa. guy.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    How about SC can we praticipate?:wink:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Only if you give a counter-challege on trout:wink:joking!

With all due respect James, I don't think PA can hang with a Catfish PowerHouse like South Carolina.

You guys have a longer season thus larer fish, everyone has boats, and of course, you have the mighty monster blues.

Go pick someone your own size!:smile2:

7. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I think the best way to find yourself in an improvised for fun catfishing contest is to propose one in your state or area. Here in PA we can feel just a bit touchy about competing with the South and midwest..Even the best habitat couldn't compare with the long growing season and incredible food supply.

I am enthusiastic about these bragging rights contest and personally think the BOC would gain something from there being a bragging right contest in each state.. I like the fact its free, I think it motivates people to post, and it gives intensity to your pursuit!

let me know if you end up proposing one. I would be interesting to see if this little idea takes hold in another state.
    ======================================================
    one other comment, Jude...

why wait?? 2009 is like lifetimes in web time and many people here, even very active people struggle to stay active for more than a few months.

since its just a couple people adding fish they'd likely post anyway...

I think by the time early 09 comes you'll have to find out who's left (on your list) and remind them of what they wanted to do and see if they STILL wanted to do it.

Just curious...

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was just joking.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: I might start something like it up in SC.:wink: