2009 Central Iowa Gathering Planning Page

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by thegavel, May 29, 2009.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hey guys,

I want to get a solid post in the gathering section in the next week or so. We still have some loose ends to tie up, I wanted to get them all sorted out here.

Some of you have said you were going to donate for trophies, I have not heard from. We need to get them ordered soon, let me know one way or another so I can figure out the logistics of it all...

Basic details:
    2009 Central Iowa BOC Gathering
    Island Park
    2400 Nantucket Road
    Adel, Iowa 50003

July 24, 2009 - July 26, 2009

Camping is first come fist serve, not sure on prices yet, still working out the details!!! I will try and contact Adel City Hall to get prices and such early next week.

I have secured the registered tournament license signed and sealed with me here.

Tentative Schedule:
    Thursday July 23rd 2009
    Meet to finalize the weekend
    Reserve main campsites at Island Park

Friday July 24th 2009
    Noon – Start setting up campsites and main site
    People start to arrive and set up and exploring the water
    9:00 pm – Bonfire and social hour (S’mores)

Saturday July 25th 2009
    5:30 am – Rules Meeting with scale checks and record sheets
    6:00 am – Tournament kickoff (Tournament 6:00am – 6:00 am)
    Lunch on their own
    4:30 pm – 7:00 pm - MANDATORY NO FISH
    Pot luck, prizes, possible DNR presentation
    9:30 pm Bonfire and social hour (S’mores)
    Night fishing

Sunday July 26th 2009
    6:00 am – Tournament ends (Turn in all record sheets to Chris)
    9:00 am – Bridge Brothers Breakfast
    Tournament Awards and Trophy presentations
    Noon – Pack up and Gathering comes to a close

I know that I am missing a bunch of stuff, but that is what this thread is for... lets get all on the same page...

Tight Lines!

Chris "The Gavel"

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    damb no fishing from 4;30 -700 you all better have some beer to drink (LOL)

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Sounds about right Chris! Me and you will meet soon and go over it one more time.

Still need trophy donations from:

Preston

Mike

Marcus

If you will be unable to donate then let me or Chris know ASAP so we can figure it out. THANKS!!!

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa

There may or may not be a few barley pops drank during that time! That is when we are going to do the potluck and the drawings for door prizes!

We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet and hang out, even us diehards need a break once in awhile to mingle!!!

5. YoungBlood

YoungBlood New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am planning on throwing in 20 as well Steve so hopefully that will help! Probably be able to get it to you sometime next week, I am sure we will see each other again on the river soon enough.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You all we can bring food or whatever just let us know so we can plan accordingley.....I am gonna need to talk to Steve or Gav comming up bout the camping we have Suger mutt and should I bring the boat too or we bankin hard ...little info will be needed think of it as dumb tourist questions(LOL) I will haller WALL TONIGHT OH YEAH!

7. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Bryan, you can just give it to me bro, I got an account at the bank for the gathering and will be taking care of it...

Kenny, you need anything, you call me 515-570-3662 I am hoping to find more out about the camping early next week!

8. YoungBlood

YoungBlood New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds good, I should have it hopefully early this week if not, next week so whenever I see yea. Im sure we will get it figured out. Still working on getting the one reel, find out by tomorrow night whether it is a go or not!

9. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Thanks to you all who have been working to put this all together!

I plan to bring my bait tank, which is a motified cooler, aerator, and 12 volt invertor to help with keeping juice runnning to the bait tanks. Let me know if there is something you all need. I may have it or be able to find some one who does.

Bryan, welcome to the B.O.C! Try one of Steve's Penns before Chris suckers you into a Abu. LOL Nothing wrong with an Abu at all but that Penn will double a winch if you stick your vehicle!:smile2: Listen to the bros, they know their stuff!

Anyone here from JD? Is he going to be there this year? Missed him last year due an illness in his family.

Kenny, let me know if you are taking your boat. I have a seasoned pin oak laying in my back yard that needs cut up and burned. If you have room for a few peices in your boat I'm sure it will get used at the gathering. My blazer will be fully loaded with very little room for wood. Just a thought.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil aint sure but we do will stop and get it otherwise should I bring my saw know campgrounds have plenty of tree's to cut down:eek:oooh:(LOL)
    Steve if that was u missed yer call we was burning it up tonight did good!

11. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Didn't do to bad myself last night! Check out the new avatar

Attached Files:

12. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    SWEET!

13. ronniethomas

ronniethomas New Member

State:
    iowa
    nice flattie steve hope she gave you a good fight

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    She be a bute bro ...got me first too filled out eating it right now fresh from the river tonight we tore up the channels again....took couple fellers out that dont get to fish lot ...gott em hooked (LOL) hr half cleanin fish yeah we caught a few like 20 or so & couple carp man I gotta get me a smoker ...smoked carp be the bomb if ya do er right!(lol)

15. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Hey Kenny....what's your cell number? I thought about calling you last night...I went down to Oakland, the wife turned me loose last night. I didn't stay long, kind of boring fishing by myself. I did catch a 3 pound channel on a cut up bluegill so it wasn't a total waste.

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil I will pm ya mine here and need yours .....I couldnt make it up there this weekend our funding fer the operation fell short and well ya know life got us by thee balls (LOL) ...would of liked to make it ya diong any good?.....we been smoking them channels there out controll here(LOL) bout two weeks they will stop then the flatteys are gonna be stupid(LOL)If I was a betting man or had to call it... It's shaping up to be a outstanding summer fishen ......we be havin fun (LOL)

17. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    hey chris I'll have the money for the tropheys thursday lemme know when you're free so we can meet up. I have a question though, since the gathering is my birthday weekend wut ya'll gettin me?!?!

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Preston I be bringin something fer that if all possible bro:smile2:
    What is the name of the campground and should I bring the boat(LOL):confused2:

19. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The info you seek Kenny is on page one of this thread.........Im hitting it tonight rain or not, I feel somthing big will be caught tonight:cool2: Anybody else hittin it?

20. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

A chance to fish next to the BEST FLATHEADER IN TOWN!!!!!:smile2: oh wait! nevermind you have me beat this year:smile2: Ok I will give you a chance in hell to win the "BIG" trophy!