2009 Catfish/Saltwater Rod question

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Cathunter Pete, May 8, 2009.

1. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    I just purchased a 2009 6'6 Catfish/Saltwater Heavy Cat Chaser Rod for $24 plus shipping. Does anybody have any opinions or reviews on this rod? I never heard of it before and for the price figured I give it a shot and see how good it is. Any response or reviews would be great thank you.:wink:

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    6'6" Saltwater Hvy,,You got a stout stick coming. A saltwater blank is a whole different breed than a freshwater,Bigtime.

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    All I use are saltwater blanked rods.... You shouldn't be dissapointed... well you might be if it is too stiff for what your going to be using it for.

4. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    How sensitive is the tip? I like the sensitive tips with some give for circle hooks. Is this pole to stout for consitent hookups with circle hooks? I have several other stout rods like a Power Rod, Some older wood handle saltwater rods that I redid, and a couple of Penn Longbeach, those rods are very stout and I've noticed that my hookup ration when using circles isn't as high when I use my ugly stick catfish rods MH action, or other lighter rods. Have you noticed the same thing? I got the rod from Catfish Supply company. Thanks.

5. Cody King

Cody King New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i have a 20 dollar k mart rod that i use for deep sea fishing and cats. it works great.