2009 CABELAS/GATEWAY CLASSIC

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, May 1, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Heres the info, whats everybody think?

I'm pretty pumped about this tourney this year. August is a GREAT TIME for the big fish.

Thoughts on the flyer?

Attached Files:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm still adding sponsors so probably wont mass produce it yet but will come June.

3. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  4. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cuz I think your payout example for 100 boats should read $16,000 not $8,000 based on $200 per boat:tounge_out:

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yep, been several show me that one. :smile2: That 8000 is left over from last year when entry fee was 100.00. So PAYOUT WOULD BE 16,000 Dollars at 100 boats. So let it be written, so let it be done.

6. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is the $200 entry fee a Cabelas requirement? Wonder if that will hurt or help the turnout.

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yes it is a Cabellas fixed price.. They reduced it last year for the boat club, but wouldn't guarantee their regular payout for the tourny..

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Assuming gas prices stay modest it wont matter any. If the river levels are normal, well have double the boats we did last year. Last year was 32 boats. I'd bet on 60 this year, if not more.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Dont know about everyone else, but it aint gonna HELP my turnout. I do however have a potential partner for said event. That will help.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    So you think you found someone that can show you where to find some fish huh Bob.. Don't forget, you still gotta catch them or are you just gonna watch your partner do all the work.. hehehe

11. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    pays the same if I catch them or my partne catches them. Dont matter to me.:smile2:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lets see, is it Dink or CatfishChris? :smile2:

13. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Not sure yet. One has to make up his mind. May be bringing in a ringer if my local pal dont go. Course the local pal aint no slouch either.

14. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    thanks for the kind words bob

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    OH OH OH, in other news, Michael Jake has teamed up with OLE JER to fish the Cabelas/Gateway Classic! :smile2:

This COULD be the team to watch, but Mike will be busy all day long baiting Jers poles, and casting for him :smile2::smile2::smile2:

OMG. I might just throw the tourney just to follow the yachtmaster around :smile2::smile2::wink:

JK guys. Ole Jer, ya got lucky son. You scored a good tourney partner.

16. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Poor old Mike. Poor Poor old Mike.:smile2:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. Yea, thats kina what we were thinkin :smile2::wink:

Now I have to put Ole Jer a rig and tackle box together. This shoot be a hoot. Jack offered his snoopy box up since 'he outgrew it' :smile2:

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I like to think of myself as an excelllllant support partner
    Have none of you heard of beginners luck?
    Cuz give me a call when you get caught up on your honey-do's-we'll get started on that tackel box

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'll do that, in the mean time you betta catch up on your honey do's so the Mrs will let you open up that cobweb infested wallet to put a couple of rigs together.:smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You can also find up to date information on the Cabelas threads for the tourney.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101592

I'm working on putting together some speakers, and seminars for Friday evening the night before tourney starting at 6pm. I'll post up the speakers as they come available.

For now, Captain Harold Dodd would like to speak with the anglers on River safety, operating around river boats and barges, and proper methods for utilizing your VHF's to ensure safety.

More information as it comes available.