2009 BRIDGE BROTHERS GATHERING

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Ahquabi_Master, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Here's the discussion board. Anything we want to say about what could and should go into this gathering should be said in here. Lets make it a good one!

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This summers gonna be ugly:wink::cool2:

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I think we should decide whether it should be more of a channel cat gathering earlier in the year since "we will" be having some nasty floods again with the possibility of a flattie here and there...... or wait till the water drops a bit later in the season when the flatties will be more likely to be pinpointed. If it's anything like last year the channelcats will be very abundant and fun early, or we can take a shot in the dark hope people get into some flatties over the course of a weekend......... MHO is we should have it early in the season... our channels seem to be getting bigger and bigger every year :wink:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The first weekend of August-KEOKUK IOWA river front S.E. Iowa powerhouse river bash-May 15-17 Missouri at Truman...fellas do er good I am comming if all goes well I gotta fish with you clowns sometime:wink:..We catch nuttin but a BUZZ its fine by me but we are gonna catch something(LOL)

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hey guys! I am definitely excited about this...

Couple of things to think about..

1) First a foremost... WHEN? Early or late season, basically affects what we target!

2) Once we decide WHEN, we need to address WHERE! It would be cool to get a place where we can all camp and what not (adel?) Steveland was awesome, but lets put a twist on it this year!

3) I definitely think we need another big fish tournament

4) Sponsors... we can make this happen if we plan early... look at what they do down in SE Iowa... If we all put our heads together, we could probably come up with some sweet prizes and stuff

5) When is the warm weather coming! I am stoked about this season!!! We went out with a bang last year with some big nights!

6) Fisherman's Swap meet is next weekend! Check it out!
    http://www.iowastatefair.com/events/calendar_detail.php?id=5008&cat=15&cmonth=2&cyear=2008

Sound off is done!!! LOL I will step off the soap box now!
    Tight lines

6. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    They way I see it, most of us are die-hard flathead men. If we are gonna be fishing i want to be fishing for them. Channel catfishing will be the first to pick up though, starting pretty soon here. For more bigger fish though it's all about where we go and how we do it. Like Steve said a hundred times last year, I think the downtown area is overfished, so we might want to give some other areas a shot this time around (except for that special fall time lol). Other than that I am pumped for the coming days.

7. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I'm looking forward to it no matter what time of the year it will be!

8. construction0226

construction0226 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just an idea but what about Red Rock? I've had awsome luck with channel cats and flatheads. Plus their is a lot of nice campsights and facilities. Not to mention playgrounds and nice trails for kids.

9. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    June 5,6,7
    June 19,20,21
    July 10,11,12
    July 24,25,26
    August 1,2,3
    August 7,8,9
    Any later then that and were getting into our sacred time and we dont want to share that with anyone..... lol... Let's get 3 dates from those listed and start a poll and go from there. I really like the Adel idea it's a great spot that has produced some monster fish in the past we just have to keep
    Steve from killing the diddy pole guy's... lol lol

10. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    June 5,6 and 7 WILL NOT work for me, I have a family reunion up in Fort Dodge that I am planning... outside of that I will make any other dates work!

I agree though we need to get dates before we can decide a place... I haven't been to the Adel spot, is there a lot of room for people to fish? A boat ramp? I can't find the info from last year...

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    first weekend of August is the S.E . Powerhouse Bash here at Keokuk ......Any you fellas can make it be nice to have ya.....after that I be watching ya all cause we want to come wet a line with ya's sometime:roll_eyes:

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    somebody tell me they have had luck in that ADEL spot, We dont want to take a shot in the dark, If I remember it sounded pretty awsome BUT;

Is there always a ton of people there?

Are there log jams?

Are there big bends in the river?

is there any other types of structure?

Whats the normal depth like?

Is there tons of submerged snags?

Are there plenty of different spots to fish?

13. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Good questions there... I have never even seen the spot in which the others swear about... :eek:oooh:

14. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Just where is Adel? Pretty close to Des Moines?

Are there any skulls in the water?:smile2:

15. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    yeah guys i think boats would always be a plus. as far as i know there is a dam that's accessible as well as campgrounds. other than that, bankfishing never provides the best options no matter where we go. either way i bet the spot is less fished than downtown...

16. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    lol yeah phil its about a 20-30 minute drive depending on what side of town you're coming from. i bet if we find as gnarly of a logjam as that one last year there might be another skull to find...

17. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Ya but nobody knows downtown or what to use, how to do it during what conditions like the BRIDGE BROS:wink:

18. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I agree with Steve, I don't think it matters where we hold it, it has to be better then last year as far as fish caught. We know way too much to get skunked like that... It was awesome fun...

So far for options we have 1) downtown 2) Adel 3) Red Rock... what else is out there? Where can we get more people to meet?

I am not sure what saylorville offers... any thoughts? Shoot out some ideas...

19. construction0226

construction0226 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've fished Saylorville many times and haven't caught anything to brag about. Below the Saylorville dam is good at certain times for channel cats. Probably the only one who hasn't fished downtown you guys would know that area best. Adel in my opinion is pretty small and would probably get pretty crowded depending on attendance. Flatheads are good later on. Red Rock below the dam is steady for channel cats and they have big flatheads later on but I guess it all depends how close you want to stay to Des Moines. I've heard Rathburn is good but can't confirm.

20. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I say we google earth a spot on the raccoon way out in the boonies somewhere that we would have to park and walk to and that nobody has taken the time to fish. I've driven around out by napa valley and found some really nice holes and log jam's. we could go scout a few different spots decide on one that there will be plenty of fishin room and really go camp. I don't do camp grounds usually because that means that they're fished more regularly plus there's nothing like being out in the woods. It was just a thought let me know what you guys think.