2009 BOC Get-together

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Blacky, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I know it's out of the question with everybody's busy lives and families to ever get one,

but wouldn't it be nice?

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    The best place I could think of to have it would be Raystown Lake. It is about half way and people could camp there.

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    what do ya have in mind for a location, someplace with boat ramp and shore fishing access would be nice

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i don't think they have flatheads in raystown do they?

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Yes It would be nice ,But where would you have such a gathering that would be big enough to handle such a crowd????

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    No Flatheads, but they have big Stripers, and Muskie. I am sure that there are big Channel cats to.

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I was thinking of the entire BOC.

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i've fished there before a few years ago in late july, it does have lots of camping areas, 7 points marina is there and several other camping areas, when we were there it was nuts with pleasure boats and jet ski's, i think up by the dam was about 140 ft deep if not more, we camped on the opposite end of the lake like 10 miles away from the dam, it's a big place

9. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    It really would be nice, but the 'Where' is problematic. there's good catfishing on both sides of the states (esp for flats), but none really in the middle.

I'm thinking that fishing some middle ground, where they are NO flats is well... like a musky fishing club meeting on a northern pike place.

The susky is the best geographically suitable fishery...but it's a rough place for shore fishing isn't it???

its really a puzzle, tan.

I hear that they've done a PA BOC gathering in the past at Elizabeth , just south of pittsburgh; near the mon/yough confluence.

10. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Ken, I think they regularly have those. I believe what tan is thinking about is a meeting of BOC brethren here in PA. Not neccessarily a meeting of the Entire BOC; but y'all welcome to come along, if we can set something up.

:cool2:

11. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87615

just a reminder. see post 3. while Tbartek's 6.5# channel might not gather wide recognition as a trophy cat from you flathead hunters... its a respectable fish and equal to my own hard-won PB.

it's definitely an equal distance from both sides of the state; I measured it myself, when I did the EASTvsWEST channel contest.

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Fishing would be secondary.

Meeting others and having fun is primary focus.

13. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    If people are really up for it, I would be willing to help organize.

14. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That's why I thought of that place. We could all pitch tents and party.:wink:

15. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    why not the point in pittsburgh you have all 3 rivers right there or the south side boat ramp there is the boat ramp and plenty of area to fish from shore around it.. we could maybe have some kind of fish off....

16. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That's about an 8hr drive for us on the east part of the state.

17. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    there is really no way to choose a spot what it would come down to is a east meet and a west meet i wouldnt expect yins to ride out here cause i deff prob wouldnt ride out there.

18. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    The fairest thing to do would be to either have it in the middle of the state, most likely Raystown, or start a yearly get together and alternate between Eastside/Westside. A get together with a little fish-off or even just gettin together and fishin would be great, but at least as far as flats goes, it aint gonna happen at Raystown. The great thing about Raystown though is that its in the middle and you can camp alot easier than in the city.:tounge_out: I agree with Tan though, a get together is more of a meet-n-greet and less for the fishing......course I would volunteer to haul Cattracker1 down to Raystown:wink:.

19. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    We could get a bunch of campgrounds and hang out and shoot the bull for a weekend. I would deffinatly take fishing gear though.

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm all for a gathering but past experience has taught me that it gets talked about this time of year but once its time to pull it off things fall apart. We had a BOC gathering in June of 2006 on the Mon River in Elizabeth. It was planned on for many months. There was over 30 some people that said they were coming. I took vacation days from work and only 6 people including myself showed up!? :sad2: I enjoyed meeting up with the 5 BOC members that did show up but it kind of taught me a lesson about getting worked up about a gathering. There are plenty of new faces on here that were not around in 2006 and perhaps a gathering can work and I'm willing to drive to Rayston or wherever to meet up with you guys. Hell I drove 650 miles to Kentucky for the BOC National Gathering in Sept 2006! :wink: So if you guys are serious about it count me in! :cool2: