2009 4th annual AZ/CA Colorado River Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by riverbud55, Jan 6, 2009.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
  2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Dale,

How are you & Happy New Year to Ya.
    :wink:

You know that you can count me in again this year, "if I have to get my gear together & start walking from Northen California Now". :confused2:
    (LoL:happy:)

(Just Kidden')

But - I'm hoping to fly down there again and meet up with Tom or Ray to be there.
    :0a23:

3. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Dale,
    Consider me there. Haven't been down there yet, but I hear lots of great things about the gathering in Blythe. Are you still figuring dates? I have a couple buddies that want to take the trip down with me too. We'll try and rally the troops up here and try to get as many people we can to make the trip down. Take it easy and look forward to meeting you and everyone else down there.

Sean!

4. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey folks going to be picking/finalize a date hoping by Fri., looking like the 1st weekend of June, don't be afraid to jump over there and put in your Ideas

Come on out ya all

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OK Dale,

I'm putting in my vote now for - The weekend of June 5TH, 6th, & 7th. :0a23:

"Now - Who's going to go next"!
    :wink: LoL

6. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    The weekend of the 5th and 6th is good for me. Already requested the Friday before and Monday after off.

7. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
  8. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Scott be great to meet up with you out there, I think you'll like it, nothing better then an all niter on the river, can pretty much bet you we will be the only one's out at night on the river, going to be all the jetskier's out there that time of year during the days but at the nite the river is ours:wink:, I'll try to hook up with you as soon as you get there and take you out in my boat to show you around and some spots that have worked for me in the past, dude your going to need to get a bait bucket and aerator , used to carry a good one (bucket liner)in catfish connection's catalog but this years catalog says there not carrying them any more:sad2: I'll try to find them somewhere else and give you all a link to it

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Scott,
    I was just thinking about something.
    (So that explains why my head hurts so much - lol)

I don't know to much about boats & what they have or don't have but since I don't own one, but you are going to be doing most of you fishing from it, you may have some type of system on it (the boat:0a22:) that has an area for just that already. You may like to check with someone like Ray, Bluehunter or luckie33 about that first.
    (Just looking out for you Buddy)
    :wink:

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    scott, check wall mart first for price on ariater. then check boat show. may be difference in prices.
    i'll be down there also, and if riverbud is gonna show you around, i may tag behind in my boat. shhhhh. i don't like that ramp at mayflowers though for a one person launch. usually launch about 15 miles down river at a place down there. can't think of camps name though.
    beginning to sound like a great gathering now. can't wait. (guess have to though.
    I'm redoing the inside of my boat in preporation for it. replacing all the wood, rug, windshields in it. lots of fun.will post a few pictures as soon as i find my doodad to upload pictures onto computer.
    gary

11. Tailgunner

Tailgunner New Member

State:
    CA.
    I picked up an insulated bait bucket from Walmart & an inexpensive D cell aerator. The insulated bucket is a little bigger, but really keeps the bait lively, especially if you float some ice in it :wink:

Good Luck!!