2008 World record Blue **POLL**

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by canepole, Nov 27, 2007.

which body of water will the next world record blue come from

1. Mississippi River

2. James River

3. Cumberland River

4. Ohio River

5. Lake Texoma

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I thought I would pose the Question , What body of water will the next world record blue come from, I think the Mississippi River is where the last world record blue came from

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I voted for Mississippi and history would give anybody good reason to vote for that one but I wouldnt be surprised if it come from somewhere that hardly anybody has heard of.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    But you know tis gonna come from another river since everyone is bettin on the Sippi

4. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think it will be a close race between the james and the mississippi, but i think it will be the mississippi!

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I think it will be the mississippi

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    My guess as well as my vote goes to the Mighty Mississippi river. But id love to see it come from the Ohio river and be hooked at the end of my rod and reel...lol

7. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Got to give my vote to the home river.The mighty Ohio will produce a big one by June.Weighing 129+ and to top it off a kid catches it.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I vote for the Mighty Mississippi!

The coolest thing about that is that is where I happen to fish.

I think I had the new record hooked once but he tore up my gear! LMAO!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The Mississippi certainly has the possibility of producing a fish that will top Tim Pruitt's 124 pound blue caught in 2005, just above the confluence of the Missouri River. If I were a betting man though, I'd lay my coins on the Ohio River between Louisville and Cannellton Indiana. I believe it was Bruce Midkiff that caught a 104 pound fish on Cannelton Dam, which I believe is the current Ky State Record Fish. I fished the Cannelton Pool last year, and I ran the Lowrance over the biggest fish I have ever seen on my sonar. It was definitely a fish of some type, and my best guess was it was a bluecat. On the sonar it was about 5 feet long and showing 2 feet in width at its midsection. The fish moved several times as I kept running over the top of it, but I must admit it was one heck of a site. Based on my experiences with my unit, I'd say the fish easily surpassed the 100 pound mark. I put a half dozen baits on that fishes head over the next hour, but she wasnt hungry, or she was a hole lot smarter than ol cuz. (probably the latter)

You cant count out the Cumberland and Tennessee River systems either as they have a history of producing some Monsters. The James River in Virginia is beginning to rank in the top rivers every year for trophy fish also. With the current catch and release rates going up every year, its bound to happen sooner than later that a new record is set. I just hope its a BOC'r that has the honor, because I know it will be a BOC'r that will release it alive. :wink:

Yet, like the other Brothers have indicated, that Big Ol Blue Cat might just come out of a river or lake that no one ever really considered.

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Missouri River - the 2007 floods should lead to a banner 2008 season based upon historical patterns. And I wouldn't rule out it's tributaries, such as the Kansas and Osage Rivers.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Great point Gary. How on earth could I have failed to mention the Missouri River. :roll_eyes:

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It wasn't one of the poll choices, but last I checked our blue cats up this way don't read real good anyway. :0a12:

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah, they dont read good over here either. I tried tellin all them dumb fish NOT to swim up the Missouri towards KC but to hang out in this nice deep pool near the Plattin Rock Boat Club, but they dont listen. :smile2:

14. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Don't care where it comes from ( AS LONG AS IT'S CAUGHT ON A CATFISHSAFARI ROD!!! ).

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LOL, I cant for the life of me Imagine Why? :wink::smile2::smile2:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had to vote for the mississippi because of its past history. I had rather fish the Ohio and believe its in the running for second.

17. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    There are a TON of bodies of water that could produce the next world record. I honestly believe that the Cape Fear River here in NC could produce a fish of that size. A buddy of mine landed several last year that were around 50-60lbs and had a bunch pull his panties down on that same tackle. I know of 80-90lb fish being caught. Just gotta keep the bush hookers off of them long enough for one of us rod and reel guys to get to him. We hooked a couple of absolute monsters last winter one of which went up river a little and then went down and never stopped until my buddy was spooled. Could have been a sturgeon but I think it was a monster blue:wink:

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I believe the Mississippi will again produce the next world record Blue! I believe that the Missouri river will produce the next Missouri state record!

I know one thing for sure, every trip out I'm ready to catch either one, the new state record or the new world record! :wink:

19. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Sorry to double post, but in all honesty I think it'll come from the James or the mighty Mississippi.

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I choose close to Home.. The Ohio. And Though i have yet to fish it.. I hope its on my first trip there and I caught it..