2008 Totals / What a Great Year of Fishing!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, Dec 30, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I won't be fishing tomorrow due to high winds, so the next trip on the water will be the start of my 2009 fishing totals. In the end it was my best year of fishing, both in total numbers and in the number of trophy fish caught.

Here are the totals for 2008:
    93 Days Fished
    1412 Total Fish

14 catfish over 30 pounds

WHAT A YEAR!! :smile2::eek:oooh::tounge_out:

Chime in and let us know how you did in other parts of the country.

2. SouthernCatdaddy

SouthernCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would say that is a pretty good year. That one fish your holding would make my whole year.

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Welcome to the BOC Calvin..Much to learn here from the best catters around the world..

Now going back into the files and checking the Pics and count, This is my total for 2008, not including the ones I gave away or put back in without getting a pic.Which might have added up to a couple hundred more channels with a few Blues/flatheads kicked in.:smile2:

Not to bad for a Lake fishing man, from shore..

Channels -538 anywhere from-1 1/2-14lb

Blues - 19 from 8 - 57#

Flatheads - 111, 4 under 20# - 38#

Bluegills - 10000000000000000000000000????????????:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I had the best year I've had so far - I've only been fishing the MO since '06. Didn't catch many fish, but the ones I caught were worth reeling in. Caught my avatar pic and and most of the other ones were over 30#, with a couple in the 40's. Also had some 40's in the boat that friends caught. I'll take one monster over a bunch of smaller ones any day:wink:

5. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fished for catfish 50 times this year.
    Got completely skunked 10 times.
    Caught and released 170 catfish.
    Total weight 2,028lbs.
    5 fish that went 60lbs or better.

WyllieCat and Flamekeeper have been on the catchfish. Impressive!
    Maybe I'll catch 1400 of them next year but I kinda doubt it. I have learned alot and should be able to boat afew more next year. By far my best year.