2008 Ohio Catfish Classic-Tappan Lake

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by neocats, Sep 9, 2008.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    As some already know, we are holding the first-ever Ohio Catfish Classic on October 4th, 2008. Catfish tournament leaders from all across the state have had the opportunity to qualify anglers to compete in this event.

We have also decided to allow any member of the BOC to compete. You do not have to be a resident of Ohio.

But this is not a regular tournament. It will be a true test of endurance and skill.

The Basics:
    1) Registration begins at 6:00AM on Oct. 4th at the main boat ramp on S.R.250 (next to the rest area and about a mile from the dam).
    2) Entry fee is $80.00 per team includes big fish.
    3) This is a 2 part tournament-a daytime phase and a night phase.
    4) The Day Phase starts at 8am and runs till 4pm at which time we will have the first weigh-in.
    5) The night phase begins at 8pm and runs till 8am on Oct. 5th at which time we will have the second weigh-in.
    6) Six (6) fish are allowed at each weigh-in. Any combination of chanels and flathead can be used to make your limit.
    7) Minimum length for any fish is 15". Only two (2) channels 28" or longer allowed at each weigh-in. Only two (2) Flathead 35" or longer allowed at each weigh-in.
    8) Fish must be alive at time of weigh-in.
    9) The combined total from both the day and night weigh-ins will determine the winner.
    10) BankFishing is allowed.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a great time.

Let me see if I can find a friend to come out there and fish with, been a while since I've fished out your way and would love to meet up with some of yall I have not seen in a couple years.

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    thats a good deal jeff letting the boc fishers come to fish. thanks. i know i will be there .i would love to rip some lips at one one of your touneys. see ya there.

4. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Since I have had missed this one this time I love to come te this one next year. :cool2:

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Sharon, you are more than welcome to join us.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jeff, good luck with the event!

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    how bout some tourneys next year Jeff with atleast a few flats allowed ?:wink: rollo

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Next year (2009) we will be running a division for both channel and flatheads. Anglers can join one or both divisions at the same time.