2008 Muskingum River Photo Contest

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 1, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to 2008 catmen.. I want to wish everyone the best of luck this year fishing, and chasing monster fish.. Here is the final list for those that signed up for the 2008 Muskingum River Photo Contest. Only these are eligible for the year going bragging board that will be kept.. Everyone that fishes the Muskingum is encouraged to share your photos however under this thread, but only those that entered will have their fish databased for the year.. Here is the list in the order they signed up......

1. catfishrollo
    2. loanwizard
    3. luckey wade
    4. jason454ci
    5. netmanjack
    6. cats gone wild
    7. tspergin
    8. smokey869
    9. ryang
    10. s-man
    11. 72hdflh
    12. jerryb
    13. slowboat
    14. ramrod
    15. doughboy
    16. retired to fish
    17. salmonid

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ATTENTION!! CONTEST PARTICIPANTS
    For those signed up for the contest... here is the minimum requirements for the photo thread enteries....and i will post this again on the other thread that will begin before the first of the year... that will be the thread you need to post your info. and pic.s on...not this one.. here is the minimum things you need to post...

1. date caught
    2. time caught/including a.m or p.m
    3. river section/pool fished ( this can be as simple as nearest public ramp, or for example.....dresden pool, marrietta pool etc.)
    4. species of your fish (channel, flat, blue)
    5. length of fish ( girth not needed) just a lip to tail measurement
    6. weight of fish ( weights will be rounded to nearest pound) ( if using a scale that isn't digital, weights will be rounded down to closest pound ex. don't say alittle over 10 pounds. it will be weighed at 10)
    7. bait or baitfish species the fish was caught on..( ex. livers, or chub, or bluegill)
    I have also added a couple others that aren't required to be given due to the fact not everyone keeps or might know these areas.. but, if you would like to give them it would help and make for a better database at the end of the year..

8. * approx. water depth fish was caught in
    9. * moon phase
    10 * method ( bottom fishing, 3-way, straight rig, slip-float)

like said, not required, but it would be nice to hear the situation fish was caught in for keeping and patterning these fish this year!! remember, lets have fun with this...this is solely for the benefit of those wanting to start patterning their fishing, and to push not others as much in an competitve fun nature, but yourselves to see how well you can do in the process of a season or year.. i really do believe sometimes we don't put our maximum effort out, and our results reflect it!! so have fun everyone and goodluck! if anyone has any questions try to post them before jan. the first.. rollo

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    remember again, standard requirements for participating do include: muskingum river catfish only! all must be caught on rod and reel.. no lines, jugs or other means of catching any of these fish can be used.. i hope everyone participates fairly.. there is nothing to gain, by cheating.. this is for learning purposes and to have a fun photo thread to look at while being able to database fish on our nice river!!! i have been looking forward to getting this going for a few months now, and i hope it goes as well as i plan it will.. lets all have a goodtime... and catch some nice fish this year!!! goodluck...rollo

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    also, as all enteries are welcome, lets try to only submit your quality catches.. we don't need pic.s of every 2 pound fish you catch.. i will run a running leaderboard of biggest fish ( weight) for the year.. and a second one for total weight for the year! i encourage everyone to fish as you do for your own means...but if all possible don't submit 200 fish of small size!! remember, i have a seperate life and job and don't need another one! lol....rollo

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hope we can all enjoy this thread, i know a certain amount of fun will be poked around here, but i would like to see this kept to a certain standards that everyone can enjoy.. remember, not everyone that signed up fishes the muskingum as much as others, and some of their trips may be limited.. the purpose behind this thread that i insisted earlier was to be able to database species to the different sections of this river during the course of the year, so we all can benefit from the findings.... at the end of the season, i will make the sheets available to everyone that participated for their efforts.. thanks again to everyone that signed up, and goodluck to you... please place your photos under this thread with your info... thanks, rollo

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jason, Can you add water temp to the optional category? I would sure like to know that, in addition to the bait, depth, moon phase ...etc

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have already added it skip, i just pasted the earlier guidelines to the thread so i would not have to write them all again... water temps. are fine if you have them to give everyone.. goodfishin' rollo

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    OK, puzzle me this. If this is just for bragg'n rights only and to database species to the different sections of the river during the course of this year, so we all can benefit from the findings, Why cant fish taken by any legal means be documented ? Seems like we would be ignoring some significant information.:big_smile:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jack, because i want to make this fun for everyone, and encourage everyone to particpate, challenging themselves... you would not want me or a few others to run lines etc. it would not be a fun contest for everyone to participate then.. you would see a couple people weighing in outragous fish and most would probably not participate to the fullest after that.. if it will make you feel better, i will mail the winners a box of chocolates next winter! lol...rollo

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jack, that sounds like a splendid idea. Rollo can run this thread, and you can run a different one with all the Trot, and Limb lined fish. I have been thinking of trying a few lines just to locate fish. That would be great if you could help keep everyone involved and in "the know".

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't limb line and I don't want to compete with limb liners, but the where and when etc. could prove to be interesting. Maybe even if you see a guy you don't know and he pulls in a big one why couldn't that info be related to the fact sheet. Example- I was fishing a new hole and caught a 40# er Temp, time, water level, stretch of river do da do da . This guy next to me caught a 50# er an hour later. Then a boat came by and got two 30# ers on limb lines right across the river from me. This is more in line with my thoughts. Plus it was just a little shot at messing with you guys for the new year! lol:crazy::tounge_out::smile2::smile2:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the facts related for this thread will be of the following, a picture, the details labeled above, and those that signed up will be recorded in the sheet.. lol.. i don't care to hear about the 62.5 pounder that the baitshop owner tells me about, or the one i see a guy catch that simply yells across the river in the dark and says it weighs 40 pounds.. facts will be kept for that reason... yes, all means of legal fishing would make for a more precise datasheet, but the time consumed doing so, and the fun of this simple thread would be greatly influenced,and many left insulted!!...lmao!!!! :wink: glad you aren't a liner jack...happy new years!!!:big_smile::smile2: rollo

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dragging this back to the top! Goodluck To Everyone! rollo

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    ROLLO YOU CAN SIGN ME UP DONT KNOW HOW MUCH ILL GET TO FISH OVER THERE THIS YEAR BUT IM SURE ILL MAKE IT OVER THERE SOME

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will add you, or anyone until the first fish is submitted, then thats the list... I think thats fair... goodluck to all..rollo

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Jason, I'v got a pic of an 8# channel. Where do you want it?:cool2:

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    go ahead and post it here jack, along with the info. so I can add it to the data sheet.. after all of this is done, I will have all the posts here deleted besides the photo posts.. congrats and thanks, you are the first .. reps to you for your post.. rollo

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    [​IMG] 2008 Muskingum River Photo Contest
    Welcome to 2008 catmen.. I want to wish everyone the best of luck this year fishing, and chasing monster fish.. Here is the final list for those that signed up for the 2008 Muskingum River Photo Contest. Only these are eligible for the year going bragging board that will be kept.. Everyone that fishes the Muskingum is encouraged to share your photos however under this thread, but only those that entered will have their fish databased for the year.. Here is the list in the order they signed up......

1. catfishrollo
    2. loanwizard
    3. luckey wade
    4. jason454ci
    5. netmanjack
    6. cats gone wild
    7. tspergin
    8. smokey869
    9. ryang
    10. s-man
    11. 72hdflh
    12. jerryb
    13. slowboat
    14. ramrod
    15. doughboy
    16. retired to fish
    17. salmonid
    18. slimdaddy

this is now the final list for those entered in the bragging contest. all other photos are welcomed from the muskingum river, but only these will be kept for our spreadsheet and counted towards the contest. goodluck to everyone! rollo__________________
    can't catch'em from the couch baby!! rollo

19. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Oops we didn't even photo my 5 lb fish. Oh well, next trip

20. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hopefully they will be some good photos of some big fish caught this year