2008 Kansas City Sport Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mr.T, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    The Kansas City Sport Show is coming up, January 9-13 at Bartle Hall

See www.kansascitysportshow.com for details. Admission is $9 for adults. Buy 3 tickets online, get a 4th one for free.

Steve Brown of Catfish Safari will be an exhibitor at the Sport Show, selling his CatfishSafari rods and other catfish tackle, as well as booking guide trips for the spring and summer.

John Jamison and Jeff Williams will both be giving seminars on catfishing - Jeff will speak at noon on Saturday, and John at 3pm and 7pm. Both of these guys are excellent catfishermen and you will learn a lot from their presentations.

We had a pretty good BOC representation last year at the catfishing seminars - who's planning to attend this year?

Maybe we can all meet up for the Noon or 3pm seminar on Saturday?

2. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I will be there. Could I get directions to get there from Topeka?:big_smile:

3. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I don't already have something scheduled I'll try to make it up that way. Sounds like it would be a good one. Thanks.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I-70 east to I-670. Bartle is the huge building with the giant metal "artwork" on top. You can't miss it.

5. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'll be there.
    Will probably go to Jeff's presentation at noon and John's at 3.

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'll probably make an afternoon out of it also. I'd like to meet Jeff (Read a lot about him), and wouldn't miss John's seminar.

Although I'll probably hear it over and over at the skippyfest this weekend!:smile2:

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I'll be there on Saturday, looking to catch the 12:00 and 3:00 seminars too.

8. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm planning on attending Saturday.

9. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I will be there also... On saturday @ 12 and 3

10. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    my fihing partner and i will be there all week, we have a booth also,this is our second year.he will be booking trips for his catfishing guide service on the missouri in k.c.and i will be selling bait that i make.come see us..

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sounds like a good time... Wish it was closer...

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Matt -- should be easy to find you; we'll just follow our noses... :eek:oooh:

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That stuff on top is ART:confused2:. I will be there on Sat, looking forward to seeing all the stuff. Hope to see you all there.

14. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    anyone be traveling from north east Misoouri, I would chip in on fuel cost , and add some conversation(possibly some snoring) to a long ride .

15. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Mr. T thanks for making the post and reminding everyone that Jeff and I will be at the show. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I would be interested in what topics some of you would like to see covered. Please send me a PM or make a post. I would like to touch on what everyone wants covered. One of the problems with doing a seminar like this is we will have people in the audience that knows very little about catfishing and we will also have people who know a lot and it makes it hard to cater to everyone's questions. See you all Saturday. John

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Well, John - if you could hand out a detailed map of the river around Kansas City with all your honey holes clearly marked, that'd be a good start...:eek:oooh: I for one am interested in hearing more about your river fishing methods and in particular how you find the blues on days when they don't want to be found (and for me, that seems to be just about every time I go to the river...)

For those coming to the Sport Show, John Jamison will be in the Smithville Marine booth. Steve Brown of Catfish Safari is in booth #454 and Jeff Williams is just around the corner on the 500 aisle, across from the big fish tank. I'll be at the show most of the weekend, either in Steve's booth or wandering around somewhere.

Also, Steve says he's going to give away a CatfishSafari rod in a drawing for BOC members only - so if you're at the show, be sure to stop by and identify yourself as a BOC member so you can get signed up.

The seminar stage is at the far south end of the building, past all the boats and everything - look for your fellow BOC members to be hanging out around there a few minutes before the catfish seminars on Saturday.

Hope to see lots of BOC members at the show!

17. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I've been working on that map. Just got to get him out on the water a few more times...:smile2:

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I'd sure be interested in:

• Presentation - How do you rig for an anchored position? Do you use a float to get your bait off the bottom?
    • Baits - What have you been using for bait in this area of the country? How big of a bait? Do you use different baits or bait sizes for different seasons or conditions?

If that doesn't work, I'll just buy one of Doug's maps, lol.

19. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'll be coming on Saturday. Are we still planning to meet up at the noon show?

Things I'm interested in:
    • Presentation how to determine when to use flaots ect.
    • Baits and maybe how to hook it. ( I think that there are as many ways to do at as there are people fishing.)
    • Maybe tips for bank fishing
    • How to read the water and structure

20. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Catch any fish yet?