2008 January Meeting

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Dec 12, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Carolina Catfish Club
    January Meeting

Normally our January meeting consists of the discussion of new business for the upcoming year. This year however we will push all new business for 2008 to our February meeting due to some important and historic developments in the North Carolina catfish community.

The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission (NWRC)will begin holding public hearings on limiting the harvest of blue catfish in Lake Norman and Badin Lake to one fish over 32” per day. The Carolina Catfish Club proposed this to the NCWRC early in 2007 and it has made its way through the process to the public hearing level.

It is imperative that we make our voices heard in support of this proposal. You can voice your support online, but nothing makes the impression and has the impact of showing up at these public hearings. There are meeting locations in both districts that are affected, so everyone should have a location that is somewhat close to them.

Here are the two locations:
    10 January 7:00pm / Norwood High School / Norwood
    15 January 7:00pm / Municipal Auditorium / Morganton

Our January meeting will be spent discussing some of the points that we need to make sure are voiced at the public hearings. We need your ideas and input, and if there is only one meeting you can make this year, this should be the one to attend.

The January Carolina Catfish Club meeting will be Wednesday the 9th at the Gander Mountain store in Mooresville, NC at 7:00pm.

You can read more about the agenda for the meetings and the locations by following this link: http://www.ncwildlife.org/news_stories/pg00_NewsRelease/2008_09_public_hearing_booklet.pdf

If you have any questions or suggestions, please PM me.

2. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I will be at the meeting on the 9th and I live only 15 minutes from Morganton. I will attend that meeting.

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Price I believe your input will be instrumental in delivering the message of folks who want to see these new restrictions pass!!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys what the deal with the 100 jugs limit law? i know yal didnt put in for a limit of a 100 jugs....lol. any story that can be reported to the public on that subject. was it a fact the dnr wouldnt accept a lower number as a proposal?

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I have nto heard anything on that, BUT WE CAN ASK!!

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    its in there Dieter. i didnt know if the CCC submited that one or not. let us know if you find anything. its almost a joke to most of us. got me wanting to go up river and see if i can even put a 100 in the lake and take a picture for my grandkids.:smile2:

7. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    dieter i will not be at the meeting next wk i will be in school trying to learn some new tricks see you next month maybe have a surprise to show off. see you soon ron howard

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Ron sorry you will not be able to make it. :embarassed:

We look forward to seeing you in February and hopefully we can get together before one of the public hearings for dinner!!