Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my bird I shot yestereday evening, he weighed 22.2lbs, 10 inch beard and 20 mm spurs. He was shot on public ground in the evening. Anyone else have any pictures of their Turkey harvest feel free to post em here.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
nice bird man. im dieing to find a new spot. i lost my spot for this year. im still lookin so if anyone has any land they hunt and wants to share a hunt with someone let me kno. i was plannin on missin school wednesday and goin but i called the guy tuesday to make sure it was ok to go out there still and he told me that he let his buddy have promission, after giving me promission since early archery for deer. i dunno, its his land and i cant do anything about it so all i can do is look for anew ground i guess. but none the less, awesome bird. hopefully i get a chance like that this year. good luck everyone.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Congrats on that nice gobbler,Matt. I have had work issues[12 hr days ] since the season opened,and have been catchin up on my yardwork and rest on weekends. I got till May 10 so I hope to get one too this spring.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice Bird! I'm passing on this season. Too many projects and good fishing out the front door.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice Bird! I'm passing on this season. Too many projects and good fishing out the front door.
pass'n on king of spring season !!!:crazy: .that's unheard of ... there's all yr long too fish , :wink: . but this beard hunt'n only roll's around once a yr 2 if ya count fall season:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
pass'n on king of spring season !!!:crazy: .that's unheard of ... there's all yr long too fish , :wink: . but this beard hunt'n only roll's around once a yr 2 if ya count fall season:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.
Nice bird Matt. Like Chavez said i got all year to fish. Got my tail handed to me this morning but he did gobble on the ground. All season they been henned up so bad they shut up once they fly down, it's fixin to get right i got a feelin.Or i may just be hopin xtra strong.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice bird Matt. Like Chavez said i got all year to fish. Got my tail handed to me this morning but he did gobble on the ground. All season they been henned up so bad they shut up once they fly down, it's fixin to get right i got a feelin.Or i may just be hopin xtra strong.
i think that tom i called in opening day had some luck with it . because sence then i have'nt heard a gooble or a hen , but today that changed i called a hen in this evening came right too my decoy . man CH i hope it gets right soon cause this no action thing ain't cutt'n it ( but atleast i still get out of the house)
i'll be head'n back out in the morn'n ,maybe i'll smoke 1 ......

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
i think that tom i called in opening day had some luck with it . because sence then i have'nt heard a gooble or a hen , but today that changed i called a hen in this evening came right too my decoy . man CH i hope it gets right soon cause this no action thing ain't cutt'n it ( but atleast i still get out of the house)
i'll be head'n back out in the morn'n ,maybe i'll smoke 1 ......
They are rockin here the last couple days. I heard more gobblin today than i have all year. Had to leave the woods by 8"00 but i'll keep huntin every chance i get.

·
Registered
751 Posts
They are rockin here the last couple days. I heard more gobblin today than i have all year. Had to leave the woods by 8"00 but i'll keep huntin every chance i get.
i hear ya, i called in a tom yesturday morn'n :big_smile::big_smile: !!! BUT i could'nt take him
came in about 40'yrd's strutt'n back and forth just teasing me :sad2::sad2: this slick ol'tom was on the wrong side of the fence :angry: messed with him for about 30 min. then yesturda eve- all *ell broke loose it was a storm i tell ya !!
THUNDER OF GOBBLES !!! man those beards were just going off.......i think this weekend will be the weekend .good luck too ya buddie..

·
Registered
13 Posts
It finally got right in sc one day before the saeson went out.:embarassed:
But thats ok there was about twenty jakes on one farm and ten on the other farm i hunt. That means a heap of two yr.olds next year!!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
nice big bird! looks like you smoked him good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.