2008 Indiana Gobbler

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Beehunter, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Beehunter

Beehunter New Member

State:
    Goosepond Marsh, Indiana
    Here is my bird I shot yestereday evening, he weighed 22.2lbs, 10 inch beard and 20 mm spurs. He was shot on public ground in the evening. Anyone else have any pictures of their Turkey harvest feel free to post em here.

Attached Files:

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats, nice bird. I got busted out by mushroom hunters down at Greene & Sullivan. I decided to give it up till next week when Fairbanks Landing gets done with its draw hunts.

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    nice bird man. im dieing to find a new spot. i lost my spot for this year. im still lookin so if anyone has any land they hunt and wants to share a hunt with someone let me kno. i was plannin on missin school wednesday and goin but i called the guy tuesday to make sure it was ok to go out there still and he told me that he let his buddy have promission, after giving me promission since early archery for deer. i dunno, its his land and i cant do anything about it so all i can do is look for anew ground i guess. but none the less, awesome bird. hopefully i get a chance like that this year. good luck everyone.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on that nice gobbler,Matt. I have had work issues[12 hr days ] since the season opened,and have been catchin up on my yardwork and rest on weekends. I got till May 10 so I hope to get one too this spring.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on a nice bird.

Tom

6. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Nice Bird! I'm passing on this season. Too many projects and good fishing out the front door.

7. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    pass'n on king of spring season !!!:crazy: .that's unheard of ... there's all yr long too fish , :wink: . but this beard hunt'n only roll's around once a yr 2 if ya count fall season:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice bird Matt. Like Chavez said i got all year to fish. Got my tail handed to me this morning but he did gobble on the ground. All season they been henned up so bad they shut up once they fly down, it's fixin to get right i got a feelin.Or i may just be hopin xtra strong.

9. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i think that tom i called in opening day had some luck with it . because sence then i have'nt heard a gooble or a hen , but today that changed i called a hen in this evening came right too my decoy . man CH i hope it gets right soon cause this no action thing ain't cutt'n it ( but atleast i still get out of the house)
    i'll be head'n back out in the morn'n ,maybe i'll smoke 1 ......

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a nice looking Turkey that you killed there glad to hear that you got you one, and looks like that is going to be some good ole eating, you going to make you some Jerkey out of it

11. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    catfishhateme i have some land to hunt it in S.C. give me a call 843-439-3540.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    They are rockin here the last couple days. I heard more gobblin today than i have all year. Had to leave the woods by 8"00 but i'll keep huntin every chance i get.

13. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i hear ya, i called in a tom yesturday morn'n :big_smile::big_smile: !!! BUT i could'nt take him
    came in about 40'yrd's strutt'n back and forth just teasing me :sad2::sad2: this slick ol'tom was on the wrong side of the fence :angry: messed with him for about 30 min. then yesturda eve- all *ell broke loose it was a storm i tell ya !!
    THUNDER OF GOBBLES !!! man those beards were just going off.......i think this weekend will be the weekend .good luck too ya buddie..

14. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good bird Matt! I was down there last weekend but no luck, i`m coming back this weekend to try again.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    For some stupid reason i'm STILL huntin the same bird. I know where some more are but i'll either kill this one or educate it to the point NOBODY can kill it.:smile2:

16. duckaholic

duckaholic New Member

State:
    south carolina
    It finally got right in sc one day before the saeson went out.:embarassed:
    But thats ok there was about twenty jakes on one farm and ten on the other farm i hunt. That means a heap of two yr.olds next year!!!!!:wink:

17. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    nice big bird! looks like you smoked him good!

18. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on a great bird.