2008 Fishing License

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Has anyone bought their 2008 Fishing License yet? I bought mine the other day and they are different this year. When you go to the issuing agent you give them your drivers license which they swipe in a machine and it creates a file with the fish commission. The license is printed out on a yellow waterproof vinyl type paper. Instead of the traditional Trout stamp, Erie stamp or combo stamp, a picture of a trout is printed if you get the trout license and a picture of a Walleye is printed for the Erie license. I attached a pic so you all can see what it looks like.

Attached Files:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    No I havent gone for mine yet. I didnt think they were available yet. Guess I was wrong. Thats different. Well if I fall in while wading again, I guess it wont get out of shape like the regular ones do. Certainly not a fashion statement.

3. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    they had those type licenses here for 2007

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I buy mine online on tha PA Boat and Fish Commission website. That way, I can make about 10 copies of it. I keep one in my wallet, one in my tackle bag, and one in my car. That way if I lose one, I have back-up copies.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Good idea.:wink:

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    They started issuing those yellow license this year. Not all the places had the little machine so you probably got the standard one. I always wait so I won't lose it.

7. Brucegusmc

Brucegusmc New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah i justbuy them online like the other fellow said that way i can print out more then onecopy because i always lose the original one.

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Just curious, what is the going price for Pa, fishing licsense?

Last year I spent around 73 dollars for a one year license. Including Ocean enhancement stamp, Delta River stamp, Colorado stamp and a two pole stamp.

Jaime

9. rgmatt

rgmatt New Member

State:
    Delaware River,Pa
    Jaime,
    In pa it's $22 for the license and $9 for trout stamp. You could also buy a Lake Erie stamp but I'm not sure how much it is. For 2007 I had a PA, NJ, VA and a temp Florida licenses and I don't think it was much more than what you pay for all of them.

I buy online as well, make a bunch of copies and stash them all over. That way when the old lady throws one out b/c I'm fishing too much, I just hit my stash and I'm off to the river. LOL

Matt

10. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK

I got one like that for 2007. Wal-Mart was doing it the old way, but had run out so we ran over to K-Mart where they had switched over to the new machines. It was bright yellow and I just knew I'd stand out from the other fishermen. I didn't care though as long as it let me fish. LOL The sales woman told us that everyone would be selling those eventually. Makes it quicker and easier on them, I bet.

11. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Last year it was optional for the stores to switch this year they all are moved over. I like the whole water proof thing but when they wanted my SS# I was a little leary. The last thing that I need is yet another place keeping my SS# on file for no reason what so ever other than to put it on some laptop somewhere to get stolen. I cannot for the life of me think of one good reason why they would need that information. Moving on a license in PA with a Trout and Erie stamp will run you 37.00.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

They require our ss# for hunting & fishing licenses to help catch dead beat parents that refuse to take responsibility for their actions and pay their child support. I think its good that they do this...as long as they're not leaving it out on the counter for the world to see when they buy bait.

13. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Got mine on-line 1-1-08 and printed a few extras...just in case

14. mrguffy

mrguffy New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I have no problem with paying for a Fishing license , or even a trout stamp,if I want to catch little grain fed fish. But paying to fish in Lake Erie just bends me the wrong way. I buy a Ohio non-res. license , not only can I fish Lake Erie but all of Ohio. Just expands my catfish options.
    Good luck and good fishing,remember to leave some for seed.
    Bob

15. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Are there any nice cats being caught in Lake Erie?

16. mrguffy

mrguffy New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I'm not an expert on Lake Erie, but I did catch 7 decent eaters, 2-3Lbs fishing off the rocks in Asthabula , Oh. fished it 3 times in the late afternoon last summer. I used to fish Dobbins landing and Presque Isle ,in Erie, and would usually catch a couple.

Good Luck & good fishing,remember to leave some for seed.
    Bob

17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    just got my general license today. I'll spring for my trout stamp later. Cant wait to wet a line chasing spring crappies. Any of you fish for crappies at lake nockamixon? I know where to go for them at Green lane reservoir but Im new to fishing the nock. I mostly fish the nock at night for cats.

18. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Haven't been up there in about 10 years. Had a family reunion at that park. I admired the size of that lake back then.
    I've seen a few oldtimers nailing crappies in Green Lane from a bridge before.:cool2:

19. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Yep thats knights bridge. You can catch em off the bridge or around the pillons from a boat. You should see the shoals of big carp that hang around that bridge.

20. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I got mine online like I have for the past few years. It's my new years day tradition, first thing when I wake up in the morning.:big_smile: