2008 Carolina Catmen Tournament Rules

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by chrisblue, Nov 15, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    1. observe all state, local, and federal fishing regulations.

2. obey all boating safety regulations, wear PFD'S and use KILL-SWITCH while under power (Required)

3. All tournament waters are off limit from 10pm the day before till 6am morning of tournament, for all team members and their boats. NO CHUMMING 24 hours prior to the tournament.

4. 2 person team, with 3rd person allowes if under 15 or 65 and older. Total 8 rods in use at one time. 4th member allowed on special events tournament.

5. Carolina Catmen Tournaments will be catch and release. Limit of 5 fish per measuring a minimum of 15" in length. Blue, Flathead, and Channel Cas will be weighed. (Fish caught on Rod and Line only) Only 2 blue cats 36" or longer in the teams 5-fish limit. (See State Fishing Regulations)

6. measure all fish before coming to weigh in, short fish will not be weighed. Also, No dead fish will be weighed. You must do your culing before you get in the weigh-in line.

7. any protest must be made within 20 minutes of final weigh-in. A ruling will be made by Carolina Catmen Tournament directors with all decisions final. If any team is disqualified for cheating or misconduct, the team will be unable to participate in future Carolina Catmen Tournaments.

8. The use of any alcoholic beverages during any caroilina catmen tournament are prohibited. (Please no tobacco at weigh-in.)

9. One or both memebers of a Team are subjected to our Polygraph test. Refusal to take or failure of OUR Polygraph test by either memeber will disqualify the team.

10. Entry fee will be $100 dollars per team, (cash only) and 80% payback to the top 20% of the field.

11. Big Fish Pot will be $10 dollars per team (100% payback)

12. In the event of bad weather tournament directors will delay or cancel, if canceled, entry fees will be returned at that time. The director may, because of heat, drop fish limit for a tournament.

13. Pre- Tournament meeting at 5:30AM. Tournament starts at 6:30AM, and all lines out of water at 3:00PM. you must be in weigh-in line by 4:00PM. Teams are allowed to trailer.
    I
    14. f you register the night before, you don't have to attend team meetings on tournament morning.

15. Blue Cat size limits that apply on Marion & Moultrie apply on Cooper River.

16. CAROLINA CATMEN, ITS DIRECTORS, OR CONTESTANTS AE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES AT ANY CAROLINA CATMEN TOURNAMENT OR EVENT.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    How do I join the Carolina Catmen?
    Also, if there is ever anyone who needs another person to make a team please let me know. I would love to get involved and learn. Thanks

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Jon, to join the Carolina Catmen is easy. Membership dues are $20.00 a year. But you don't have to be a member enter our tournaments. You can check the Carolina Catmen Schedule for a tournament that you may want to attend and while you are there ask for a Membership application. Or you can call Gary Case at 1-864-844-3355 and ask him to send you a Membership Application. Hope this helps.

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    SwampFox,

Thanks for the information. I will do just that, enter a tourney.