2008-2009 Pittsburgh Penguins !!

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by Wally, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Here's the thread to post thoughts and comments, etc. about our 2008 - 2009 Pittsburgh Penguins!

:cool2::cool2:LET'S GO PEN'S !!:cool2::cool2:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Wally! Getting the Pens thread rolling already! :big_smile: My 1st thoughts are that it is going to be very interesting to see who we are able to resign and who we lose to free agency. It sure would be nice to keep Hossa! Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

3. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    My thoughts exactly it will be interesting who we will be able to keep !

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    in the paper today it said crosby wants hossa back and that he would not mind being the second highest paid player on the team. hossa said that he would take less money to play for a cup contender and the pens fit the bill for that. sounds alright to me.

5. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    There has been some talk that some of the Pens don`t care for the coach to much, I hope that doesn`t cause us any problems.

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    the PENS are offering Hossa a deal and making him a priority and Malkin supposedly has a deal in the works. probably means malone is gone.

7. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    I heard today that they are pushing Flowers arbitration back or something... witch basicaly means we got him for another year and we can hash out a better deal for him.... little ways to get around the salery cap i guess.. good news either way ya look at it !

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The offseason madness is in full force! Who will stay? Who will go? Rumours running rampant! :eek:oooh: Malone to Columbus? :crazy: Fleury to arbitration. Hossa the priority. Malkin deal in the works. How bout Staal? Its madness I tell you, madness! :smile2: Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I read in Weds. paper that the Pens have a 7 year - $50 million dollar offer on the table for Hossa. He is currently on vacation and will be presented the offer when he returns. I wish my job would offer me $1 million for 7 years! :crazy: :wink: :roll_eyes: :smile2: Looks like Ryan Malone is going to test the free agency market. The Pens are reported to be offering him $3 million a year and he expects to be offered $4.5 million elsewhere. We will miss him but we can't pay everyone megabucks with the salary cap. Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hossa rejected the Pens offer and is going to test the free agency market! :angry: Why that ungrateful no good rotten s.. oooops sorry I was thinkin' out loud! :eek:oooh:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Brooks Orpik rejected his contract offer from the Pens! :angry: The offseason is not going well! Hopefully some good news will surface! :big_smile: Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

12. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    I heard Scary Gary isnt going to be with us next season.... any truth to this?

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I just found out that the rights to Ryan Malone and Gary Roberts were sent to Tampa Bay for a 2009 4rth round draft pick! Ray Shero knew he was not going to be able to resign Malone so he at least got something for him & Roberts. Its sad news but thats the price we pay for success! Roberts career is about over so losing him wasn't a big deal but Malone will be missed! :sad2: So far all the off season news has been bad. Its about time for some good news! :wink: Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Malone & Roberts both signed with Tampa Bay! Malone got a 7 year deal for around $31 Million and Roberts reportedly got $2 million for 1 year. Free agency starts today so lets see what the Pens do! Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I hope we pick up some talent so we can win it all this season. Just remeber we aren`t the only team losing players due to the salary cap and free agency.

16. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Today there has been talk about Jagr coming back to the Pens, he says he wants to play two more seasons. What do you guys think???

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I would welcome Jagr back if it didn't break the bank! He would put up some big numbers playing on Crosbys line if he can keep his head on straight. He turned into a real head case when he left Pittsburgh and thats why he gets boo'ed so bad when he plays here. It would make a great story, Jagr wins 2 cups his 1st 2 seasons in the NHL with the Pens and returns to finish his career with another Cup! :wink: :cool2:

18. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree , he would be a good addition to Crosby`s line.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Here's some of the latest Pens news. We all know by now that Malone & Roberts signed with Tampa Bay. Now Adam Hall has gone to Tampa Bay also! Ty Conklin signed with Detroit, a one year deal at $750,000! :confused2: What is up with that? Why in the world would we not resign Conks at that bargain basement price? I'm baffled by that one! Pascal Dupuis was resigned for 3 years at $4.2 million. Mark Eaton was resigned for 2 years at $2 million.We picked up forward Eric Godard from Calgary and signed him for 3 years at a undisclosed amount. Godard is a enforcer type which may mean Laraque is gone. The Malkin deal is close to being complete, it is a 5 year contract at $8.7 million annually. Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

20. fisherwoman2012

fisherwoman2012 New Member

State:
    PENNSYLVANIA
    well we just lost hossa to detroit and that might mean jagrs comin back !:crazy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.