2007 Last Year for Busch Series

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I just read on Nascar.com that after the 2007 season the Busch Series will be getting a new sponsor and name. Anheuser-Busch is dropping the sponsorship and devoting their funding to the #8 Team in Nextel Cup. Rumoured replacement sponsors are Wal-Mart and Subway! In my opinion the Wal-Mart Series just don't sound right nor does the Subway Series but ... that may be what we have coming!:eek:oooh:

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    For all us oldtimers it dont make a hill of beans who sponsors it or what they want to call it next. it will always be Winston Cup and the Busch Series.
    NASCAR wants all us old fans dead and gone because we know how it used to be.

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mark,
    You're right about it always being the Winston Cup & the Busch Series. You just don't look like that old of an old timer to me! Maybe you've just aged well. I looked on your profile for your birth date,but didn't find it. You don't look a day over 35 to me! I don't believe you're as old as I am by looking at your Avatar. Do you remember what the Winston Cup Series was called before Winston Cup?

Merry Christmas,
    Glenn

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I do....it was called "Grand National Stock Car Racing"

5. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Samsung is also in the mix for the 2008 sponsership from what I have read.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Oldtimer as in old fan base.
    I'm 39 years worn out by the way.
    My dad has always been a fan. Sunday afternoons would either find us on a pond fishing with the truck radio blaring the race from the bank or either washing the company truck in the back yard with the race going on the radio.
    I became a fan in the early 70's when all there was was a radio broadcast of the race.
    Richard Petty was my man.
    Daddy, where is Petty running?:lol:

The first race I ever went to was the spring race at Rockingham in 1980. We had permanent VIP seats for both races there and at Dover. The permanent VIP seat prices at the Rock in 1980 in the Carolina Lounge were 100 dollars a piece all inclusive. All the food, liquor, beer, or coca cola you could hold was included in the seat price.
    The price at dover 4 stories up in the glass resturant were 85 a seat. The food was included, drinks were not. At dover we sat at a dinner table the whole race. It was basicly a tiered resturant so everyone could see.
    I think I was the only kid at the races wearing a tie and sport coat:big_smile:
    I bet I went to 4 races before I ever actually heard how loud the cars were. I stepped outside, walked down several flights of steps and stood at the top of the grandstands at the Rock to hear them for my first time.

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    wolfman,
    You're just too darn smart when it comes to Nascar history! I wanted to see if Mark was old enough to remember what it was called before it became "Winston Cup". Anyway,I guess I'll never know if Mark knew the answer to the question.
    Merry Christmas to y'all,
    Glenn

8. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    oops sorry about that Glenn, lol ...........Merry Christmas to you too