2007 Catfishing Goals

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by LiquidSteel, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Interested in what your goals are for next year as far as catching cats. Mine is to catch a 25# plus flathead, spend more time fishing with my kids, and donate some time to our local lakes (picking up trash and what not).

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Min is farely easy since i didnt catch a single cat this year [but i still have Christmas holidays in Oklahoma yet] i would like to be able to catch some keeper cats in my local lake

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    My fishing goals for 2007 are exactly the same as the 2006 goals. I planned on breaking the 50 pound mark with flatheads and only caught a 37 pounder, but it was my personal best. I was in the boat when two fifty plus flatheads were caught, they just were not mine. lol I had planned on breaking the 60 pound mark for blues. I only broke the 50 pound mark, but again was in the boat when a 60 pound blue was caught. I still have a few weeks to break that one as for the flatheads, I doubt I'll be boating any of them till March or later. I had hoped that I would catch a 20 plus channel, but in the area I am fishing they are very rare in that size range. Vern

4. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    The past year is gona be hard to top. I was lucky enough to watch my 8 yr. old nephew, my sister, my 78 yr. old grandpa, and a fellow BOC brother, all catch their personal best catfish on rod and reel this year while fishing with me!! The thrill on they're faces was priceless!

I also had the oppurtunity to fish with 8 members of the BOC. We started as strangers. Then we became friends. And now we're just plain ole' family!!!

Was able to be part of two BOC gatherings this year. Totally awesome!!! Can't wait for the next one!

So this year, my goals are too just keep having fun on the water with family and friends.

And it wouldn't be so bad if I could beat my wife's personal best rod and reel blue of 65 pounds. If I could do that, MAYBE SHE WOULD SHUT UP!!!!!! LOL:big_smile:

Good luck to all my BOC brother and sisters for the next year. Hope all your goals and dreams come true!!!

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I plan to continue learning how to fish the Missouri River for big blue cats. I won't consider myself a "good" river fisherman until I can consistently put fish in the boat, and the last 8 or 9 months have shown me that's a difficult task on the Missouri.

I'd also like to catch a new personal best - biggest so far is a 31 lb blue, but honestly, I'd be just as happy to consistently catch a bunch of 20 or 25 pounders.

And I plan to spend more time taking my kids fishing in the coming year. I'd be far happier to see my son or daughter catch a big blue cat than for me to do it!

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My goals to go as much as possible and to enjoy every trip:sure:

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I my goals for 2007 is to improve on my catfishing skills and become a better river fisherman.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My goal is the Triple Crown. I plan to catch a 40+ lb Flathead, a 10+ Channel and a 50+ Bluecat. I imagine the Bluecat will come 1st or not at all as I plan to fish KY with DH, JW, an Co. in February although I may hit the Ohio ip here as well.

9. greasemonkey07

greasemonkey07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My goals for 2007 is to catch my second flattie. Try to beat the first which was 38 pounds!:big_smile:

Also hope to catch a nice 8-10 pound channel.

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    those all sound like nice goals good luck to all of you i myself i plan on fishing more tournements ,spending more time with the kids in the boat and work on catching my personal best

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I had to haul in a 30#er to shut one friend up this year but Im gonna have to get one over 60# to shut another up. he had one around 60 this year so Id really like to beat him next year.

12. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    My goals are to get a 30lb+ flathead on rod and reel.
    30lb Blue
    20 lb Channel

I also want to get my 12 year old brother to land 10lb+ fish.
    He had several on but never landed anything bigger than 7.

13. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I have always been succesful in years past to help someones kid(s), get their first anything, rather it be a fish, hog or deer.

Now all my buddies kids are old enough to drive & date. It will be a few more years before we can RECAPTURE them:lol: .

So I guess my goal is to find some other youngsters & try to do the same for them:cool2:

14. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    my goal is simple a new world record blue cat and i geuss to let my little lady catch her first catfish

15. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    "Brain: My goal is simple pinky" "Pinky: Oh whats that brain"
    "Brain: To rule the world!!!" "Its Pinky Its Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Dadadada dada

16. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Be more consistant catching bigger fish on the tournament trail this year and place top 3 in the anglers of the year...Last year i was 4th:sad2:

17. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I guess one of my goals is to catch a flathead in excess of 57 because that is my record so far. And in general to just catch catfish of any size over 5 pounds cause I sure love to eat them.

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well I would like to start off and say that this year has been amazing even with the shoulder surgery I was able to beat my goal of over 20 pound GMR Flathead. I broke that about 6 times this year with a 41 pounds being the best. I don’t think I can beat this year but my goals for next year 2007:

1. Beat the 41 pound mark out of the GMR.
    2. Target Blues in the lower GMR and beat my 37 pounder from last year.
    3. Beat my 11 pound channel this year.
    4. And on a non catfish note I plan on trying to get the grandslam pin for Fish Ohio. I was able to get the Master pin by getting 4 fish ohio.
    5. And last and finally get my dad and cousin to hook into a monster flathead, I know they will love it.

19. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    To stduy as much as practical the lake and river I fish. Learn the habits of the fish therein so as to be able to locate more fish consitantly. and hopefully the bigger fish will come from that.

20. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I want my ACATS tournies to turn out good, and I want every one that fishes them to have a good time..Wouldnt hurt to place in a few of them either..LOL