2007 - 2008 Pittsburgh Penguins thread!

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Heres the thread to post thoughts and comments, etc. about our 2007 - 2008 Pittsburgh Penguins! :big_smile:

Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2:

2. Tala

Tala Guest

I'm ready! If I am not mistaken....the first game, against the Hurricanes, starts on October 5th at 7:00pm. I've had this date circled on my calandar for months! :big_smile:

3. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I sure am thankfull that I didn't have to start this thread!! LOL

LET'S GO PENS !!!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    One of the coolest things I've ever seen in sports happened this past week when 6 members of the Pittsburgh Penguins delivered season tickets to season ticket holders in person at their door! Sidney Crosby was one of the six and one woman nearly had a heart attack when she opened the door and Sid was there to hand her the ticket package! :eek:oooh: There is a video link to this but I don't have it handy. If anyone gets the chance to view it, it is so totally cool! Our Pens rock!!! :cool2:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The video link I mentioned is available on the Penguins website www.pittsburghpenguins.com . The Pens open training camp this upcoming Thursday! :big_smile: Also any Pens fans who havn't heard, the NHL is talking about having an outdoor game on New Years Day that would feature the Pens vs. the Buffalo Sabres in Ralph Wilson Stadium which seats 70,000. How cool is that? The wife and I are talking about going. Buffalo is like a 5 hour drive from Pittsburgh. It will depend on the weather.

6. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Ice hockey outside, I'm gonna guess it'll be cold.:smile2:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Actually what I meant was the road conditions to drive the whole way to Buffalo and back! They have been known to get them 2 foot snow storms. :smile2:

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Penguins individual game tickets go on sale this morning at 10 AM. There are only 2000 or less seats available for each home game. It is my job to secure 6 seats for the game Feb. 19th vs. Florida which is Jordan Staal Bobblehead night. If I come up empty there will be 5 unhappy women in my house! :crazy: So I now go to the Pens website and see what I can do, wish me luck! :cross:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Heeeee Shoooots and Scores!!!! I got the 6 tickets so now I don't have to face the wrath of the ladies! :smile2: Lets Go Pens!!! :cool2:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pens play their first preseason game tonight up in Montreal. :big_smile: Lets Go Pens! :cool2:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pens vs Buffalo game outdoors on New Years Day sold out in a couple hours! :eek:oooh: We are talking 72,000 seats! :crazy: This will set a new NHL attendance record beating out an outdoor game that was played in 2002 up in Edmonton that had like 52,000 in attendance.

12. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    i wish it was the new K.C. penns. we need a NHL team.we all new they wouldnt leave pitt. Iam glad to see they stayed in pitt were they belong

13. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Good luck to ya Matt...I thought you guys would get Nashville...but i guess that ain't going to happen either.:sad2:

LET'S GO PENS !!!

14. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    the only thing i get is the PeeWees at the local ice rink.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pens wrap up the preseason tonight in Buffalo. We dropped a 6-5 contest to Buffalo last night at the Mellon Arena. Sidney Crosby had 2 goals and a assist. The regular season begins Friday October 5 at Carolina.

16. steelytom

steelytom New Member

State:
    Cola, SC
    I like the lines they have put together. Top three lines are solid and the fourth line has lots of grit. It would be good to see Sykora work out, but I would have liked to see them pick up a impact winger to put beside Crosby. Maybe Staal can develop into that winger.

Jordan Staal-Sidney Crosby-Petr Sykora.
    Ryan Malone-Evgeni Malkin-Mark Recchi.
    Gary Roberts-Erik Christensen-Colby Armstrong.
    Jarkko Ruutu-Maxime Talbot-Georges Laraque

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Tom - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: Great to have another Pens fan onboard! :big_smile:

18. steelytom

steelytom New Member

State:
    Cola, SC
    Thanks, I am originally from Natrona Heights. Now live in Columbia, SC. Different kind of catfishing here. Got hooked on stripers, but am trying to catch some of the big local blues. Just been lurking.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Holy Cow! I was born, raised and spent my first 36 years in Natrona Heights! Small world! Great to have you onboard! Lets Go Pens! :cool2:

20. steelytom

steelytom New Member

State:
    Cola, SC
    I caught a cat about the size of the one you are holding in your avatar under the bridge at the mouth of buffalo. Biggest cat I ever caught. When I finally got it near shore and its head came out of the water. I thought it was some kind of sting wray. I just bought a three pack of smokes that came with a camera. My buddy that I was supposed to meet never showed up so i stuck a beer can beside it for perspective and took the picture. Being that it was night and the camera had no flash, the picture never came out. That was probably the best fighting fish I ever caught. He hit a dead ten inch sucker i had out there for four hours or so. A walleye or something toothy fish slit it up right before I caught the cat.