2006 gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by r ward, Oct 11, 2005.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Lets get some ideas out on a gathering for 06 so we can make it bigger and better lets get thinking :) :D :cool:

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Richard I was going to post something like this but was going to wait till after the New year.... LOL but your right the sooner we get started the better it will be. I think the first thing we need to do is come up with a place I did kind of like where we had it last year but that is me, then we need some dates so we can book the place. We will also need to see if we can come up with a some ideas on what and how to cook and a list of who will bring what. Then maybe some good door prizes and such who knows I may just have to raffle off another couple of rods.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A Santee gathering would be cool too. I liked last year's spot myself, I'm just pushing ideas here for centralizing and maybe attracting a larger crowd.
    It really doesn't matter, I'll be there!

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm with Mark on the Santee. Planning this gathering early is great. I will definatly make this years gathering. You guys put you heads together and come up with the place. I think if someone would make a list of things to bring anyone coming could pick an item off the list and bring it with them.

MAtt

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    santee would be great........im in the Atlanta area...I could probally make it if it's during one of my breaks from school, maybe around x-mas, or thanksgiving?? or just on a weekend............how far is santee from Atlanta??

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    im dying just for the chance to catch some bigguns down here.......

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I am not familiar with Santee as for dates I was thinking maybe April or May but it don't matter to me much so lets keep this going and let it be big :cool:

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Oh by the way Gator if you raffle off some more rods I am libel to buy the roll of tickets

9. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    lets do this, ive never heard of santee until on here, sounds great..........and it's only one state away.........im sure some of us from atlanta could car pool??

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    The problem is 1 state away is not Ga. the Altamaha was great Gator did you say that you know of another spot in that area what would it be like

11. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jim, put me and Tammy down as a "Oh yea!" we'll be there.
    Loved the last one and had a fantastic time. It'll be good to see the new friends we made at the last one again.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    It sounds like a good time. I wish I could get some Indiana members to go, and you never know I just might be able to. Keep me posted on the dates and I'll try to get a caravan together! I've heard a lot about the Santee, and the Hawgs that have been caught! Take it easy guys and good luck fishin!!

13. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Mark you have a good Idea but Santee is in South Carolina not Georgia, but I think I could see 2 gatherings in the making here. There is a good possibility that could be worked out. As far as the April May time frame that is cooler for sure but also wetter as well however I could be made game for that. I can help Richard work the Georgia side but we would have to find someone to work the Santee side of things. I think I could make that with enough notice and such. Let’s see what we can come up with. We will need some ideas as to date and I don’t think they should be to close to one another as to allow for time to get everything you would need for both. Just a idea here what do ya’ll think?

14. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    No, Santee is not Ga, but it's between us in NC and ya'll in Ga.

A whole lot less travel and expense for us to go to Santee and a good possabilty of a bigger gathering.

I'm not saying not to have a gathering in Ga, I'm saying I'd sure like to see you guys come up to Santee state park and meet the many SC fishermen that are here on the BOC. I know I will. I can't say for sure this early if I'd be able to make both, but it's more likely I'll make Santee.

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well it looks like it I strarted something again I 'm glad I did so there :p

16. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Bob like I said I think I can see 2 gatherings this year.... lol

17. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Just need some dates and what ever info we can come up with. I will need to start plaining now if I am going to make it so the wife don't plan over me..... lol

18. tater7905

tater7905 New Member

State:
    kathleen, ga
    Hey yall i know its been a while since i been on hope yall all doin pretty good. well i see the old man done started talkin about ga gatherin again this could be trouble lol. someone rob the maxwell truck. well i was just wonderin if anyone knows some good middle to north ga catfish hot spots. its just an idea i did have fun at the last one one down there too. well let me know what yall think.

19. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Well the location don't matter to me. I'd go fish a ditch if thats all thats around, LOL. Just need a date, time and what I need to bring. Lets pull it together. Already got permission from the warden to go, LOL. Said she would probably sit this trip out.

Matt

20. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Some of ya''ll sating give ya a date let us know whatworks for you and the an idea for the place in ga then we figure out food and such if you want to stick with altamaha that works for me :cool: