2006 driver updates

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Dec 23, 2005.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Travis Kvapil will be moving into the #32 Tide car after Hamilton Jr was released. Penske and sponser Kodak agreed not to field the #77 car for 2006.

Scott Wimmer will be taking over in the # 4 car with a new primary sponser ,
    ( AERO Exhaust)

2. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Ken Schrader will be taking over for Ricky Rudd in the Woods Brother's Racing #21. The sponsor will be Little Debbie.

3. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    what is the deal with mark martin and sterlin marlin

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I did not realize Hamiliton Jr was released. Is that a surprise to anyone else?

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Mark is going to drive intel cup for one more year then go to pickups.
    Bill

6. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    thanx zappaf19 your a big help

7. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    hamilton jr. will still be driving in the bush series. he may be able to come back up to cup if someone needs a driver bad enough.

8. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Yea i was glad to hear Ken Schrader would drive for them before he moves on to truck series.Also with the Woods new deals they have alot going on thats good to see in the sport old team new blood.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'll be driving the number 9, Just take a look at the picture in my profile.

10. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Good thread
    BTW wheres Rudd going?

11. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Mark! You need a trip or two to Nascars work out trailer in an effort to remove that spare tire! LOL HaHaHa!!!

12. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    bro catfish Ricky Rudd retired last year. He will be missed

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Come on screen, I'm a Jimmy Spencer protege.
    I thought everyone knew that.

14. catfishredneck

State:
    Timpson texas
    mark i used to chat with you on the old site. are you still doing any online racing. been away for awhile.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    No, Nascar Sim Racing is way too graphic for my lowly dial up. Maybe soon they'll get cable down here. It's within 3 miles and thats 10 miles closer then it was a year ago.
    I had alot of fun with Nascar 2 and 3 online racing though. In another thread we were talking about sand bagging at Daytona. Well I sandbagged at every track.
    In the practice session there were always a few hotshots that would turn 3 or 4 fast laps and park it. Meanwhile I was out there purposely letting off before my breaking points and picking up the throttle super easy off the turns.
    Come race time , I showed them what a fast lap around Michigan looked like.
    We mainly raced 25 lap sprint races at the 1-1/2 mile and up tracks.
    The secret there was making your dashboard look like a Christmas tree by lap 23 and your tires worn out by lap 24 then you know you got every ounce out of it by lap 25.
    Another secret of mine at Michigan and California was in the gear ratios.
    I set 3rd gear up to redline about 50 yards from the turns in traffic giving me the pull up off the turns for passing.
    4th gear was overdrive for turning fast laps out front or out of traffic. Green flag starts were slow missing a 3rd gear but it didnt take long to reel em in.

16. catfishredneck

State:
    Timpson texas
    see you need be a crew chief. I got out sim racing also getting way to complicated for me. my hold nascar wheel is worn out and the prices for the good new ones shoot no thanks. anyway there are to many guys on there now that just want to talk crap and try to wreck you no fun anymore.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I would hook up with about 6 or 7 other guys about 2 in the mornings on the weekends when all the kids were in bed. We would race dega alot in 20 lap shootouts drafting nose to tail until the last lap when all hell would break lose in turn 3. Many times we were 3 and sometimes 4 wide coming down the stretch and more times then not going across the finish lines backwards, forwards, in the wall, or in the grass. We would laugh and chat a few minutes, trade setups until one of us would say, Lets do it again, LOL.
    That was alot FUN for us. There werent any hard feelings we were just having fun and mainly learning what worked and what didnt and learning what different rearend gears would do in traffic

Crew chief material I am not. Sim racing has a huge learning curve in it which I am behind the ball on.
    The only good setup I have is for Charlotte and it has exceptional speed and excellent tire wear. Starting at the rear of the field I'll be leading in less then 25 laps and thats after I hit every car on the track getting there. Crumpled front bumper she still hauls the mail. That is racing with opponet strength set at 100%.
    That setup I backed into. I radically changed the setup in a few areas looking for stable handling and it turned out to be a jewel for me and my driving style.

Get the MOMO wheel, its a good wheel for the money but not what JR. uses.
    I got mine at Best Buy for a 100 bucks.

18. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Jeff Gordon is the best out there my friends.

19. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    The best driver IS Tony and as everyone knows I am not a fan of his!
    Maybe the best team could be Jeff but no where near the best DRIVER! Period! He bumps his way to championships, just ask Mark!

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Any one notice Stewart DNF
    Gotta love that.......