2006 Deer reports

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kickin_wing, Nov 16, 2006.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tomorrow is opening day of gun season here in Illinois I am going out tomorow and will be hunting all weekend. If any one from Illinois or any other state gets a deer we would like to here your story of your great hunt and see some pictures. Ill keep you posted if I get anything too, I got my eye on a big one. :big_smile:

2. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    this is my Il doe and my buddy's Il buck. We were begging our midwest buddy (who owns the farm) for gun permission but he says bow only :crazy:

Attached Files:

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Congrats on the buck and doe

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Ours season started on saturday for missouri. Off our farm we own we took 4 with bow 1 in the youth season and 15 over this past weekend with rifle. Personaly I shot a total of 6 so far this season. We get around 20 every year off the farm. Going out again this weekend to see if I can thin some more does out. As far as my bucks go a 7 point with a bow and a nice 10 with a rifle. Good luck to everyone else out there.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My report is that I keep hitting them but nothing will go down. I think my problem is that I am using a paintball gun, lol. I am not hunting the deer but I still have some stuff in the garden that I would like to eat. I use the paintball gun (a cheap low power model) to keep them moving along. I guess right now I have painted about 6 doe's, a couple of spike's and forked horns, one 6 point and a 10 pointer. All from my back patio.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for make a place for the post fo the deer open gun season for deer is this week end hope i have one to post

7. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Here is the 3x3 Whitetail buck I got this season........

Attached Files:

8. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Those are some nice deer taken. Good luck on the rest of your seasons.

9. CatfishRocky

CatfishRocky New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i shot a button buck with my bow two weeks after the season started hear in iowa he ran 30yr and dropern good luck guys and galls

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've go a doe down during archery season. I've got a few tags to fill during rifle season.

11. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This year ive been bow hunting with a recurve bow and i have to saw it is challenging. I have practiced a lot and still miss the target every now and then. I had my first chance at a decent buck last sunday while hunting off the ground and shot low and hit just some meat and fat of the deer. I guess it was a little farther than i thought it was. For this gun season this weekend i shot a doe opening day with my CVA muzzle loader. It was my first deer with my muzzle loader, instead of using a shotgun. Thanks for sharing all your stories and pictures, lets hear some more.

Here ia a picture of my doe.

Attached Files:

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Total count for rifle season 21 deer. Still have kansas deer season coming up and couple archery tags here in missouri I might try and fill.

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I've killed 3 so far this season. A doe opening day of bow season and a nice 10 pointer the Sunday before shotgun season and opening day of shotgun season I killed a little doe. Still have 2 archery and 1 shotgun tag to fill. :big_smile: