2006 ABUGarcia C3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by flathunter, Jul 12, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just wanted to remind everyone that Abu Garcia made some upgrades on there reels for 2006..A new Carbon Matrix drag which is 30 percent stronger, and a 20 percent stronger level wind system, plus some new gearing..I just bought a new 6500 C3 and it has some cosmetic changes also, it's probably my new favorite reel.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a good reel for a BOC giveaway. :big_smile:

3. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just came home with one of last years models. Wally is clearing out the shelves for bow season. No box, no papers $50. 10 dollars cheaper than the 6000 I went to buy.

4. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I definitely like the improvements they have made. My only gripe with my '04 6500C3 models was the drag and I solved that by going with Carbontex. It appears they have saved us from having to do some aftermarket tinkering to get things just right.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Now ya went and done it again Jack cause Ill just have to go get me one!Oh and did I mention the Little Woman Loves you Guys. She is thinking of Banning Me from the computer.She says I was crazy about fishing gear before I found this site but now totaly NUTS!!! Don't Ya just love it?I can see it comming now.(Hi Im John and I'm A Fishaholic,Hi John!) L.O.L. J.D.Straka :big_smile:

6. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I agree, I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Has to be the smoothest reel ever.

7. BoG

BoG Member

State:
    Delaware
    Name:
    Bo
    I have been "upgrading equipment" this year as well. Just had to have one of the new Record Abu's. It may be expensive, but boy do I love it. Kind of killed the tackle budget for a while.

Bo

8. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i've been hearing a lot about these new upgrades. i think im gonna check em out here in a day or two

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    So far I have bought 2 of them and I really like new look and so far have not had any problems with either one of them.