2006 6500 C3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Catman 1964, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    What is the major changes to the 6500 C3from 2005. Also can you get the 6500 TC with a Catfish on it still? Take care and god bless.:smile2:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The biggest change is a much improved drag system, which blows the older reels away.

3. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jack, is right, it has an advanced carbon matrix drag. I think I want to check the new ones out now. Thanks for the post. Georgiajack.

4. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    The new ones have carbon matrix system, and yes the catfish series is still for sale at catfish connection under closeouts. I dont think they make it with the 2006 technology yet.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have talked about this before, I love the older 6500 c3's..But when I bought the 2006 model this year the first thing I tested was the drag, silky smooth...And locks down tight when you need it too...I think it also has an improved level wind system, that is supposed to last longer also.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've got a 2006 C4 6600 and it has the same drag features as the C3 and they sure are nice.

7. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    didnt they stop making the 6500tc with the fish on them this yea?the guy at a fishing store i go to sells them and he said that it is the same reel except it doesnt have the pic on it is this tru?

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    The Abu site still has it up. It looks like there is a pike or something on it. I'm not sure about any of the specs.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Can you post a link to them? I couldn't find them.

10. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    The 6500 C3 is working out beautiful thank you for all your help. Take care and God Bless.

11. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    how can you tell a 2006 model from a 2005 model from just looking at it, any markings or visible difference?