2005 Yamaha 70 hp

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Grumper, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I have a 05 yamaha 70hp 2 stroke. I fished the Mississippi river this morning, and after I pulled the boat out I noticed a little trickle of oil coming out of the intake screen on the lower unit. I wiped the oil off, pulled off the screen, and cleaned it out. I let is sit for a couple of hours, and no more oil come out. I then ran down to my local dealer and bought some lower unit oil, and changed the oil. It had about a a quart of oil in it, with about maybe a 1/4 -1/3 cup of water. The mechanic told me that 1 teaspoon of water was normal. Any suggesstions? I'd like to run it again to see it anymore water gets in the oil. The motor has only had 4 tanks of gas run through it, and it had the original oil in the lower unit. The only bad thing is, the factory warranty expired about a week ago.

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Try for the warranty. Yamaha might still cover it if your dealer will push it.

That's too much water. It won't fix itself

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Thanks Bob, I'm gonna call Yamaha in the morning, and buy an extended warranty, and I guess I will take it to the dealer and have a seal kit put in the lower unit.