2005 Saturn Ion Radio 'Locked' - How to Unlock?

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by catfishjohn, Dec 23, 2009.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I changed the battery in our car last week. After I did the radio wasn't working. The ol' lady started messing with it and now the radio is locked and won't do anything. After she did this I read about the security feature it has.:confused2::angry:
    Any of you have any idea how to unlock it without taking it to a dealer and having to pay a fortune to have it done?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    look in the owners manuel.when all else fails look in the book.
    smokey

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks! I have. In short, they say contact a dealer. Trying to get around it but looks like I will have to.:confused2:

4. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    The radio code should be written down in the owners manual.If you bought the car new,just call the dealer & they should give it to you over the phone.I work in a body shop & it happens all the time.Some dealers make you bring the car in because they don't want the master code in the hands of the general public(some dealers make alot of money on a 2 minute job).Goggle saturn radio code.you might be able to find the master on the net

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    just call the dealer and ask them most of the time they can walk you through it over the phone.

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    john i will look it up monday, there isnt a master code, there is a backup code that i can get you but you will have to get me the code from the radio, i will look up how on that radio, it may be in the owners manual, you have to hit and hold 2 buttons and it will give you a 3 digit code, then you hit another and it will give you another 3 digit code, if you get me those i can get you the unlock code, i have a dealer password from gm