2005 Deer Hunting success pics

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Boogan1, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    It seemed like 05 was going to be a good year, I got a new bow the first of October, shot it everyday for a week before taking it to the woods, first night out I shot a nice doe that i didn't get pics of cause it was dark. On October 27 I shot this nice 10pt, Gross scores 152. My step son harvested his first deer during the youth season. This nice doe came within 30 yards and he made a perfect shot with his .222. Gun season rolled around and the weather really turned nasty. My daughter was hunting with me and she shot her first deer. This 5 pointer was one we wanted culled because he has no brow tines. She made an excellent shot with her .44 mag rifle. My oldest son and I both shot average size does to round out our rifle season. So all in all a pretty good year. I am awfully proud of my bowkill buck, my best one to date and my first time actually targeting and hunting one specific deer. I passed a lot of bucks before getting a shot at him. Boog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    thats a good one! and congrats on the the younguns i remember how exited i was to get my first one and stil am every time i get another , just like the first time,i can't wait to get my step son out but he is just now turned 3 so i have to wait a little wile i did get my first muzzle loader deer this year that was neat

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Boogan1

very nice deer you got there, what kind of a bow did you buy ?

4. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    Well, my dad is a Hoyt dealer so I got a new Xtec. Have shot Hoyt's for the last 20 years and won't shoot anything else. That Xtec is smooth, fast, and quiet. And with the setup I have it shoots 70# of kinetic energy, talk about penentration! Boog

5. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a good year.It`s always nice to see the kids with their deer.

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    that is a great deer you shot by the bow congrats!!! :thumbsup:

7. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    glad to see yall had success this year. I got to hunt my first time this season, man did i love it! wasnt able to get a deer, only saw one small doe and i couldnt get a shot at it anyway. so i guess ill hafta wait til next year!

8. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    Stick with it redneck, the deer will come. I hunted several years with a bow before I ever shot a deer with it. But after the first one, it got easier. I can tell you though, when one like that 10 pointer comes walking down the trail, it can get pretty nerve racking. I first saw him at about 85 yards out. Put the binocs on him and determined he was the deer I was after, then had to keep telling myself not to look at the horns, concentrate on making the shot, and I have 25 years experience bowhunting. He finally presented me with a shot at 22 yards, about 15 mins after I first saw him. Seemed like 15 hours! LOL! Like I said in my earlier post, this was a really satisfying hunt because I saw this deer in mid july and specifically wanted to harvest him. I did a lot of long range scouting on him with a spotting scope so as not to disturb him. I got his patterns down and when the pre-rut kicked in, he was running a scrape line through an oak grove almost every day. There was a group of does hanging in the oaks eating acorns every day and he was keeping tabs on them. I already had a permanent stand on the trail to the oaks. I hunted him three times before getting my shot on the fourth outing. He is my first pope & young buck, but won't be the last. Keep after them! Boog

9. Kentucky357

Kentucky357 New Member

State:
    Covington, Georgia
    I live in Georgia and we are just about run over with deer. I got these 2 doe about 2 min's apart. I sat in the stand about 5 minutes and 2 more came running toward me and stopped about 40 yards away. I waited till they passed and then got down. I was dressing one of them and looked up and had 3-4 more does standing about 30-40 yards away watching me. I didn't see but 1 buck and he looked like a 6-8 pointer. I didn't shoot him. I always have said that I wouldn't shoot a buck even if he was a record book buck.
    (I've never had the chance to test that though LOL)

Attached Files:

10. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    here's one of mine this year. I can't get the other to upload

Attached Files:

11. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    That's a nice one solomon!! Congrats, Boog

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man that first deer is a nice 10 with some small stickers, sweet. see the young one did alright as well.

well lonnie maybe ill get my first with a muzzeloder next year. i got my cva and have a scope on it already. got the 45 cal cva on clearence for $49 and a bsa classic scope from jason (my cuz) for $20. i have a new gun and scope with a total of $77 in it. the extra $7 was the see through rings that were $20 orig, clearence for $7.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Heres a pic of my dad's he got this one on his lease in west Texas out near Graham.

Attached Files:

14. Dixie

Dixie New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice deer guys! Boogan that is one heck of a deer! Congrats you all