2003 Ford F-150

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by SSG Johnson, Dec 11, 2005.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Check Engine light on changed the front o2 sensor and rear O2 sensor unhooked battery for 30 mins. Check engine light went out for 30 miles but as soon as I start her back up the lights back on and the motor wants to miss alittle bit. As soon as the light comes back on I lose enough power to notice. Any suggestions. Had the computer check done and it gave a code to the cam shaft sensor but no one seems to know where or what that is.

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    the biggest problem is that it is a FORD :rock-big: :grin-big: :grin-big:

3. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    I had the same problem with my 2003 F150, while still under warranty(I put alot of miles on it since), running like there was a miss, and running rough. Took it in to the dealer and they said something about a camshaft sensor, cleared the codes and put a black box it(for 1 week). The problem never reared it's ugly little head again. Sorry I can't be of more help.

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I am assuming that it has a 4.6 or a 5.4 liter engine in it. Camshaft position sensor should be located in the front of the drivers side cylinder head just below the valve cover. Small black plastic piece with a two wire connector and a 8mm headed bolt holding it in. It could very well be the problem. It tells the computer the location of the camshaft. This along with the crankshaft position sensor are used for proper ignition timing and fuel injector pulse. :0a26:

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Ok now where can I go get anouther one auto zone seems to be clueless as to what it is must less have one and the dealer wants to put it on there machine to test it first and cost me more money.

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Dusty sounds like you drive a 2nd or 3rd rate truck. dodge or worse yet a chevy

7. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio

Thanks Brad. I knew someone out there would chime in with my thoughts, :)
    Abu

8. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    As far as I can tell that part is not available aftermarket. Call the ford dealer and ask to speak to the parts dept. directly. They should be able to help you without diagnosing the problem. You probally spoke with someone in the service dept. when you called before.

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    By the way guys I love fords, I call it job security. lol.
    Ashes to ashes
    Dust to dust
    If it weren't for fords
    All my tools would rust. :)

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    jason,
    454 (chuckle).............. you do like working on cars don't ya. lol

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Hey now! LOL :)

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    You get that thing figured out yet SSG?

13. jbird

jbird New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well at the shop i work at u work on all of them . They are all junk . hey if it werent for the like a rock chevys then the dodge goats wouldnt have nothin to stand on out in the yard or fields. but i work on them all and none of them are any better than the others . but i still preffer a ford lol

14. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I'm with You Jbird.. i like my ford. not had any problems with it, i just wanna buy a new one now with 4 doors and 4x4 looking at 05 or 06 F150. Built ford tough..

15. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    You May Want To Have Your Egr Valve Checked I Was Having Some Of The Same Problems Changed It Out And The Check Engine Light Don't Come On Any More, And It Was Running Better, But Now I Need A New Engine. By The Way I Just Bought The Truck So I Didn't Mess It Up. Ha ! Ha !

16. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    speakin of just buying a truck... Santy claus was very good this year he's bringing me a brand new 05 F150 crew cab 4x4 5.4 trailer tow package spray in bed liner, bad part is i gotta wait til tuesday to pick it up and it comes with it's own payment book... good thing i just paid off the boat i bought in may..