2003 60 hp yamaha 2 stroke

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by bulethed, Oct 11, 2008.

1. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i am looking at buying a G3 with a 60 yamaha 2 stroke on it. but it doesent seem to have a functioning choke. it has a electrical circuit for a choke, the type that works when you push the key inward. i cant hear it click like my 75 hp yamaha. i pulled the cowl and i cant see anything that looks like a choke solenoid. it may be under the oil injection tank. i put some rags over the air box intake and it starts up and runs like a champ. i just looked at it in this guys yard, i havent had a chance to get into it very deep. i want to buy this boat, but i just dont know a lot about a 60 hp yamaha and i dont want it to get away before i can figure out if this is a easy fix or not. this motor still has 3/4 of a tank of 2 stroke oil that the dealer filled it with when it was new. the owner of the boat told me he never added oil to it yet........this thing looks brand new:roll_eyes:

if anyone can help me please do...............thanks a bunch.

bill.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i never ran yamaha always here there good i would go for it a choke is no problem as long as it runs well

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    ps ask him if you can take it to the water to test it if he does there probally is no problem if he says no beware

4. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    this guy is a long time friend, he is in bad health and cant use the boat anymore...........no scams here

bill.